Saints DE Marcus Davenport expected to miss at least a month

Dome

1 hour ago, Dome said:

This sucks. He was coming on strong and pushing Okafor off the field more and more.

Won't sit here and pretend to have watched Davenport closely myself this year, but I loved him in college and these stats certainly back-up what your saying about him and Okafor on passing plays. 

Okafor has 8.5 pass pressures in 293 defensive snaps, while Davenport has 9 in 213 (had only 23 snaps in each of his first 2 games too).

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well this gives us another excuse to use after we lose to the Rams.

You're really under selling your team...we just had a brutal battle against the pack...and isn't Brees God mode at home?

What makes you think you'll lose?

1 hour ago, Riftty said:

You're really under selling your team...we just had a brutal battle against the pack...and isn't Brees God mode at home?

Rams have shown up in a big way in some tough away games this year. We’re gonna need everything we got and some lucky bounces.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Rams have shown up in a big way in some tough away games this year. We’re gonna need everything we got and some lucky bounces.

You got the biggest lucky bounce already. The referee for this game has some ax to grind against the Rams. We haven't won a game he's reffed since 2006. He's really screwed us in the past.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You got the biggest lucky bounce already. The referee for this game has some ax to grind against the Rams. We haven't won a game he's reffed since 2006. He's really screwed us in the past.

It’s a start I guess.

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well this gives us another excuse to use after we lose to the Rams.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking lol. Last season it was the Saints not having Lattimore and Crawley (even though the Rams didn’t have Woods). This season the Saints don’t have Davenport. I’m not going to make anyone use that as an excuse because just like last season, nothing is wrong with the Saints offense. Last season the Saints offense barely scored 20pts against the Rams. Lattimore and Crawley has nothing to do with that. So if the Saints offense have a repeat performance this season I won’t let anyone use not having Davenport as an excuse.

8 hours ago, Riftty said:

We used to be unbeatable at home, that's not so true anymore.   I think the stat was something like 20-15 the last few years.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

We used to be unbeatable at home, that's not so true anymore.   I think the stat was something like 20-15 the last few years.

Eh different season now. This is a game that is gonna be decided by turnovers. Who ever doesn't turn the ball over wins. And Brees>Goff when it comes to ball protection.

23 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Eh different season now. This is a game that is gonna be decided by turnovers. Who ever doesn't turn the ball over wins. And Brees>Goff when it comes to ball protection.

Well, the only game we lost this year was at home.

Brees does generally play really well at home, and he's protected the ball well this year.  But if Rams get good interior pressure, Brees is gonna have a tough time.  The battle between Rams d-line and Saints o-line might be a fun one to watch.  But Saints are stronger at the tackles than at the interior. 

I fully expect the Rams to torch our secondary.  It might get ugly if our offense sputters.

Do I think we can win?  Sure, but I think it's gonna take a near perfect game to do so.   

Archived