Saints DE Marcus Davenport expected to miss at least a month

Dome

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You got the biggest lucky bounce already. The referee for this game has some ax to grind against the Rams. We haven't won a game he's reffed since 2006. He's really screwed us in the past.

Sweet, hope he screws you guys over again.

5 hours ago, Riftty said:

Eh different season now. This is a game that is gonna be decided by turnovers. Who ever doesn't turn the ball over wins. And Brees>Goff when it comes to ball protection.

In a lot of respects we're a better team on the road than home the past few years. And this year our only L was at home.

15 hours ago, Riftty said:

You're really under selling your team...we just had a brutal battle against the pack...and isn't Brees God mode at home?

What makes you think you'll lose?

I agree.  As a fan whose team played both the Rams and the Saints very recently, I think both of these teams are very close.  I wouldn't be surprised if either team won.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree.  As a fan whose team played both the Rams and the Saints very recently, I think both of these teams are very close.  I wouldn't be surprised if either team won.

Well from a outsider looking in(even though I live in Minnesota so I watch all their games) but from a outsider looking in Minnesota was the better team for a big part of the game...

Those were both fluke turnovers that resulted in points. It's hard to say the saints win that game without those turnovers...

Just now, Riftty said:

Well from a outsider looking in(even though I live in Minnesota so I watch all their games) but from a outsider looking in Minnesota was the better team for a big part of the game...

Those were both fluke turnovers that resulted in points. It's hard to say the saints win that game without those turnovers...

I agree with you on that.  I do think the Vikings can hang with either team.  My post above was comparing the Rams to the Saints.  They are both excellent and it should be a great game.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with you on that.  I do think the Vikings can hang with either team.  My post above was comparing the Rams to the Saints.  They are both excellent and it should be a great game.

Yeah it's gonna be very very close. The Vikings can hang with any team. They have just had some unlucky breaks to be honest. If they manage to get a playoff spot they have a great chance to win it all.

1 hour ago, Activated10 said:

How has he looked. Is he worth the extra 1st

As a guy who hated the move up, he’s definitely looking like he was worth it so far. He’s making me eat my words. 

I won’t say definitively “worth it” for at least another year cause I need consistency. But he’s coming along quicker than I expected for how raw and how much of a project I was told he was.

He would’ve completely taken over Okafor’s job within the next couple weeks IMO, and Okafor hasn’t been a slouch for us by any means. Alex is a really solid end. 

3 hours ago, Riftty said:

Yes Vikes looked like the better team for a large portion of the game.

Although Saints offense didn't play nearly up to their standards.

5 hours ago, Riftty said:

Yeah it's gonna be very very close. The Vikings can hang with any team. They have just had some unlucky breaks to be honest. If they manage to get a playoff spot they have a great chance to win it all.

The Vikings have Cousins. The jury is still out on him when the spotlight shines the brightest. He just doesnt deliver in big time games. Yes he puts up numbers which is great for fantasy football. When that time comes in a game for him to deliver he finds a way to choke. Whether it be fumbling the ball against the Rams on their last possession when they needed a td. Whether it be throwing a pick 6 to the Saints in a game where the Viking actually had a chance to go up by double digit points at one time. Like even the Packers game Cousins threw a pick that wouldve ended the game except for that roughing the passer call on Matthews. Thats the biggest difference. I have no doubt the Vikings cant hang with the Rams and Saints, but I have my doubt that they can straight up beat the Rams and Saints because where Keenum went 2-0 against the Rams and Saints last season. The Vikings as a team went 3-0 against the Rams and Saints last season, the Cousins led Vikings are 0-2 against the Rams and Saints this season. If you notice, the Redskins are off to their best start since 2012 with RG3 as the starter for the majority of the season. They have Smith now and not Cousins. Cousins left the Redskins and they got better. Cousins went to the Vikings and they cant beat the Rams or Saints. They tied with the Packers. All those games matter and Cousins couldnt get a straight up win. Thats the difference. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Vikings have Cousins. The jury is still out on him when the spotlight shines the brightest. He just doesnt deliver in big time games. Yes he puts up numbers which is great for fantasy football. When that time comes in a game for him to deliver he finds a way to choke. Whether it be fumbling the ball against the Rams on their last possession when they needed a td. Whether it be throwing a pick 6 to the Saints in a game where the Viking actually had a chance to go up by double digit points at one time. Like even the Packers game Cousins threw a pick that wouldve ended the game except for that roughing the passer call on Matthews. Thats the biggest difference. I have no doubt the Vikings cant hang with the Rams and Saints, but I have my doubt that they can straight up beat the Rams and Saints because where Keenum went 2-0 against the Rams and Saints last season. The Vikings as a team went 3-0 against the Rams and Saints last season, the Cousins led Vikings are 0-2 against the Rams and Saints this season. If you notice, the Redskins are off to their best start since 2012 with RG3 as the starter for the majority of the season. They have Smith now and not Cousins. Cousins left the Redskins and they got better. Cousins went to the Vikings and they cant beat the Rams or Saints. They tied with the Packers. All those games matter and Cousins couldnt get a straight up win. Thats the difference. 

Lol. Right..I don't think this is even worth a lengthy response

4 hours ago, rrgm said:

Lol. Right..I don't think this is even worth a lengthy response

Well in his defense, Cousins does have a 4-14 record against teams with winning records. He also gets historically worse in the fourth quarter. He is clearly better than Smith and Keenum as far as skill goes. But he hasn't proven that he can win when it counts. It's a mental issue I believe.

Will he overcome it or not is the question, cause the skill is there.

Really wanted Davenport at 8 for the Bears, thought he had that super star level potential. Pretty big blow for the Saints D although I still have them beating the Rams. 4 of their next 5 are tough games, I see them going 2-2 against the Saints/Chiefs/Seahawks/Bears. 

18 hours ago, Riftty said:

No way! Were you watching the game? Thielen was stripped, and that's not a fluke, that's good defense and a defender actually doing what they practice.
Now, the pick 6 by Williams, yeah, that was a fluke. Diggs messed up and stopped, otherwise that ball was on target.

Archived