Week 9 | SNF - The One with Brady and Rodgers

Spooky

7 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I think Michel might be big in this game. My projection model right now says New England 61%. If Michel plays I'm feeling pretty okay about this one, maybe 35-23. But it's Rodgers so you never know.

This is how I'm feeling. Think the Michel factor (so, our run game basically) swings the pendulum either way.

Would also be nice to take the ball away from Rodgers in the end zone once or twice. I don't think there's anyway to stop him getting down the field. Gameplan defensively similar to KC.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:37 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Why they are a bad matchup for our D;

Their offense thrives off slow-developing deep rout concepts, often accompanied by play-action moving the pocket. Rodgers knows to checkdown if necessary... but, given the stellar pass protection he receives (their tackles are great) and his skill at extending plays, he just as often waits until a receiver breaks free downfield. Of course, his receivers often take advantage of switch, flood, and levels concepts to beat zone coverage before Rodgers need extend the play. On the ground, the interior line struggles to gain traction, but Aaron Jones is a skilled enough athlete to overcome poor blocking.

I would say that stellar protection comes from Rodgers' linemen committing outrageous holding penalties that don't get called, as much or more than them actually being talented players. (Watch where their hands are when they block against your defenders and you'll see what I mean.) But everything else, I agree with.

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I would say that stellar protection comes from Rodgers' linemen committing outrageous holding penalties that don't get called, as much or more than them actually being talented players. (Watch where their hands are when they block against your defenders and you'll see what I mean.) But everything else, I agree with.

I've seen a good video about Bulaga actually that prove that. I think OL are due some favourable calls, but yeah. Sneaky.

Archived