Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

Well I have faith in Marcus if hes healthly. I dont see how any of you can judge him this year when he cant feel his damn throwing hand and he loses two of his top three targerts. Like Marcus is a tough guy. Played the colts on MNF and beat them with one leg. You know that hand has been a problem all year and the glove is of so lets see if that fixes anything.

And winning 7 in a row isnt the crazy of a thought. Teams get hot. Not saying we will but to say its impossible or highly unlikely? MEH. Idk I think this is all pointles cause we are winning Monday. Now if we get blown out then Ill join the hate train yall are on. Not with Marcus tho. 

3 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

O ok , my bad .. yea Texans schedule looks like a cake walk the rest of the way.

Yeah, maybe the Colts can pull an upset since they took them to OT last time and Mile High isn't exactly the easiest place to play in so maybe something wacky happens there this week.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah, maybe the Colts can pull an upset since they took them to OT last time and Mile High isn't exactly the easiest place to play in so maybe something wacky happens there this week.

Yea wackier things have happened in the Nfl, let’s hope the Texans lose a game there not supposed too. Something tells me though that they have gotten there kinks out ..

Whats scary is the Texans are only going to get better in the future, once they get a o line , and a tight end I don’t see a way we can keep up with that offense .. Hopkins and Watson are a lethal duo. To bad the Titans don’t have a Qb who takes over games , I’m extremely jealous of the Texans fan base . 

1 hour ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Yea wackier things have happened in the Nfl, let’s hope the Texans lose a game there not supposed too. Something tells me though that they have gotten there kinks out ..

Whats scary is the Texans are only going to get better in the future, once they get a o line , and a tight end I don’t see a way we can keep up with that offense .. Hopkins and Watson are a lethal duo. To bad the Titans don’t have a Qb who takes over games , I’m extremely jealous of the Texans fan base . 

Only thing with their defense it's gonna age out soon. 

But knowing them they will trade or sign for someone to make a good enough defense to go with a high power offense. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Only thing with their defense it's gonna age out soon. 

But knowing them they will trade or sign for someone to make a good enough defense to go with a high power offense. 

Yea very true about there aging defense .. but yea your probably right , I’m sure free agents defenders will enjoy playing for a team with an offense that will stay on the field .. or 1 play 75 yarder to will fuller and they have some room to roam.. 

I think it's interesting listening to the talk leading up to this game. Vrabel said this game is where we figure out if this is the team that found ways to win 3 in a row, or if it's the team that struggled the past few weeks. Logan Ryan called it a must win. It seems the attitude around the team among players and coaches is the same as it is around the fan base right now. The team is in a slump, but it's season can still be saved, but only if they start by winning on Monday night. If they lose Monday night, the season might as well be over, cause you'll most likely be looking at 3-6 after playing New England the week after, and then you have to play near perfect football afterwards to contend for the playoffs/division. 4-5 after New England with a stretch of Indy, HOU, NYJ, JAX, NYG, WAS, Indy looks like a stretch you can get to 9 or 10 wins with if the team gets it together and plays with the same ingenuity and aggressiveness it did in it's 3 game win streak.

Calling a week 9 game must win is generally a stretch, but this probably is.

Yea a loss this week puts us at 3-5 while Texans would be 6-3 with a win. Yea we have the tie breaker but they have the easier schedule. Then with the pats next week we could be looking at 3-6 . Woof

3-6 with tough games against Skins, Texans , Indy twice , and jags d (I think there D will turn it around , Bortles will still suck though). Only wins I kinda feel like we should win are jets and Giants and id bet my check that Odell and Barkley would shred us and Eli would look like his old self. That’s the Titan way 

Fact is we realistically should be 4-3 or even 5-2 right now and instead we’re 3-4. I was at the Bills game and in the stands after that kick I told my buddy I’m going to look back at this game as the end of our season. And right now I’m looking right. 

I hope im wrong but from what I’ve seen on TV and in the stands there nothing that makes me believe this team will even be .500. We just can’t score points , it’s really really sad and hard to watch and we expect our defense to hold teams under 14 so we get the win. 

Let's do a hypothetical: If you were a Cowboys fan.

Your team is 3-4 and your QB is in his 3rd season. In 2016 he flashed the potential of a franchise QB behind a strong running game, but since then he has been very inconsistent and struggles to get the ball to receivers outside of the numbers. Occasionally he shows the potential that makes you remember why you thought he was the next big thing in 2016, but it's never consistent.

After the 2019 season he will be a 26 year old free agent.

As a Cowboys fan, how do you handle the QB situation? Are you already looking for someone to draft to replace him? Do you sign him to a long-term deal and hope he improves? Do you wait until after the 2019 season and then draft someone?

What is your take on the QB position?

46 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Your team is 3-4 and your QB is in his 3rd season. In 2016 he flashed the potential of a franchise QB behind a strong running game, but since then he has been very inconsistent and struggles to get the ball to receivers outside of the numbers. Occasionally he shows the potential that makes you remember why you thought he was the next big thing in 2016, but it's never consistent.

As a Cowboys fan, how do you handle the QB situation? Are you already looking for someone to draft to replace him? Do you sign him to a long-term deal and hope he improves? Do you wait until after the 2019 season and then draft someone?

Something tells me we’ve had this discussion ad nauseum already.

55 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Dak is in the same boat as Mariota where he showed you exactly what he was from the start but because things around him have went down hill(whether that be the level of play around him or injuries or whatever else) his statistics don't look the same so everyone assumes he's just fallen off a cliff when really he's more or less the same guy he's always been. Just like with Mariota, the analytics people still grade him out at least close to the same as they did his rookie year.

The day people stop box score scouting(both positively and negatively) will be a good day.

Just like Mariota, Dak was never a great QB. Just like Mariota, he never will be. He's decent. Needs play around him to be better for his numbers to look better than that.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Lets also imagine the Falcons gave up on Matt Ryan after his 4th year. Lost in the playoff 24-2. Team went 10-6 after making it to NFC championship. Matt has a statistical solid year but underwhelming. One and done in playoffs. 

Let's imagine Panthers gave up on Cam after year four. They went 7-8-1. He had only 18 TDs. 12 INTs. Didn't crack 3200 passing yards. Barely won a bad division. 

Phillip Rivers. Sat the bench behind Brees for 2 years. Got in had a good 3rd year. Regressed in yeah four and only had 3152 yards 21 TDs 15 INTs. Had an all star offense but he didn't excel. 

Big Ben after year 3 where he threw 23 INTs and 18 TDs. 

Alex Smith after year four. He is the classic example of not giving up on a solid QB. 

Or Joe Flacco. Matt Stafford. 

And using stats to tell the story I want ..lol the Goat Brady didn't throw single digit INTs until year 8. And not saying he was ever at risk of being thrown away. Just talking about the improvement arc of a QB. 

Eli Manning who has never looked pretty with his stats. Constantly throwing INTs. Never had a full season where he didn't throw double digit INTs. Having multiple years where he has thrown 20 plus. Lol year they won super bowl he threw 20 barley getting in playoffs. I'm pretty sure conversations like ours were taking place. "if we could get rid of Eli and find a QB we'd be unstoppable."

But to answer your question. You take a good look at your team and the QB. Daks struggles look a lot different from Bortles struggles who is in his 5th year. And giving up on Bortles after year 4 last year was met with debate but the Jags obviously should have pulled the plug. 

You have to really take the smell test. Alex Smith despite his struggles didn't smell like a bust. 

The QB in our backyard doesn't smell like a bust either. But will he keep improving, stay netural or regress. 

I also think sometimes you just have to have everything line up for you. Get the perfect match of system and QB. 

I don't think Goff is a super QB. He is very good. But also in the absolute perfect system and coach. 

Brees same thing. 

Rodgers don't think it matters he is just great.

Brady. I think it's a match of QB and coach more than system. I think he would have been good whenever he went. But I think the coach was the difference between being maybe Cousins good and Hall of Fame good. 

Dak will need the perfect system to be elite. Otherwise he will be good, great, average and bad all in the same game lol. 

Just more of my opinion. 

Archived