Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

I just geniuinely wanted to know if you were a Cowboys fan, what your approach at QB would be. Yes, it is because I feel like he is exactly what Mariota is, but it's not to try to sway anyone's opinion. 

From an unbiased perspective, a fan playing GM for the Cowboys, not considering the Titans and Mariota at all, what's your move?

And it's not box score scouting at all. As I said earlier in this exact thread my girlfriend and her entire family are Cowboys fans and we've lived together for 2+ years. In our house, we go from the Titans game to the Cowboys every Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I just geniuinely wanted to know if you were a Cowboys fan, what your approach at QB would be. Yes, it is because I feel like he is exactly what Mariota is, but it's not to try to sway anyone's opinion. 

From an unbiased perspective, a fan playing GM for the Cowboys, not considering the Titans and Mariota at all, what's your move?

And it's not box score scouting at all. As I said earlier in this exact thread my girlfriend and her entire family are Cowboys fans and we've lived together for 2+ years. In our house, we go from the Titans game to the Cowboys every Sunday. 

Well, I think I'd feel the same. Kinda why I posted all those stats...etc.
I'd want to see him with a new coach personally. I don't t like Garrett.  
I just think it's hard to find a QB that can play at this level. You get a couple flash in the pans, but mostly you get Daltons, Flaccos, Alex Smiths, and Cam Newton if you lucky.  
Then in the rare events, you get the Rodgers of the world. 

I'd get some WRs to support him. A TE too.  They have a good running game. Try not to put the entire game on his shoulders but expect him to be able to make throws if needed.

Oh and all whites.. well MNF is always fun. But they made a big trade and their the big market team and we've been losing so most of the talk will be about them. 

This season has been a weird season. IDK. But coming off the bye. Lets hope they have fun with it and at the end of the day JUST WIN BABY WIN

Hearing all this talk of Harbaugh possibly being fired just adds to the frustration of our season.  

We've discussed how horrible that loss to the to the Bills was to our bottom line... and it's obvious that we're only one of 2 teams that they've beaten (I still think they may be the worst team in the NFL).  But then you see what they've done in relation to the Titans game:

• Lost 0-22
  • Beat us 13-12
  • Lost 13-20
  • Lost 5-37 (to the Colts!!!)
  • Lost 6-25

But we all accepted that horrible loss against the Ravens as a loss to a good team... but putting that game in perspective to how they've been playing:

• Lost 9-12 (to the Browns!!)... got 5 sacks
  • Humiliated us 21-0 (on their 3rd straight road game at that time)... 11 sacks
  • Lost 23-24... 1 sack
  • Lost 21-36... 0 sacks

Those 2 teams have gone 0-6 since the start of October to opponents not from TN.  The Ravens have gotten 1 sack total since they got to us 11 times.  

And yet here we are talking about an "easy" schedule... and possibly winning out even if we go 3-6... 

We're  definitely not 2014/15 bad... but it feels worse knowing that we have potential... and we're just squandering it away.   With our schedule, 10+ wins wasn't unrealistic.  This season is turning out to be one of the more disappointing seasons in recent history.  Expectations... amirite?

And with little help on offense, it pretty much all rests on the arm and legs of Mariota.  JRob already failed him in March/May... and now by failing to adjust and acquire some help for him... now it's up to LaFleur to get over these 1st year struggles and open things up... design a game plan that helps get him into a rhythm...

We need this win... but more than that... we need a solid win... we need a double digit win... not only for the fanbase... but the team needs this.  Another bad performance couldn't happen at a worse time... on national tv, in Jerryland...

21 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We need this win... but more than that... we need a solid win... we need a double digit win... not only for the fanbase... but the team needs this.  Another bad performance couldn't happen at a worse time... on national tv, in Jerryland...

so what you're saying is we're gonna get blown out tomorrow night

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Hearing all this talk of Harbaugh possibly being fired just adds to the frustration of our season.  

We've discussed how horrible that loss to the to the Bills was to our bottom line... and it's obvious that we're only one of 2 teams that they've beaten (I still think they may be the worst team in the NFL).  But then you see what they've done in relation to the Titans game:

• Lost 0-22
  • Beat us 13-12
  • Lost 13-20
  • Lost 5-37 (to the Colts!!!)
  • Lost 6-25

But we all accepted that horrible loss against the Ravens as a loss to a good team... but putting that game in perspective to how they've been playing:

• Lost 9-12 (to the Browns!!)... got 5 sacks
  • Humiliated us 21-0 (on their 3rd straight road game at that time)... 11 sacks
  • Lost 23-24... 1 sack
  • Lost 21-36... 0 sacks

Those 2 teams have gone 0-6 since the start of October to opponents not from TN.  The Ravens have gotten 1 sack total since they got to us 11 times.  

And yet here we are talking about an "easy" schedule... and possibly winning out even if we go 3-6... 

We're  definitely not 2014/15 bad... but it feels worse knowing that we have potential... and we're just squandering it away.   With our schedule, 10+ wins wasn't unrealistic.  This season is turning out to be one of the more disappointing seasons in recent history.  Expectations... amirite?

And with little help on offense, it pretty much all rests on the arm and legs of Mariota.  JRob already failed him in March/May... and now by failing to adjust and acquire some help for him... now it's up to LaFleur to get over these 1st year struggles and open things up... design a game plan that helps get him into a rhythm...

I think this is a good example of it being important when you play a team. Doesn't excuse our play. Just a variable. 

I think we played the Texans and Jags at the right time. And the Bills and Ravens at the wrong time. I think if we were to play this version of the Bills defense/team. It would be different. 

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Man....

Didn't know we have the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the league...and given up 2nd least amount of points behind the Cowboys. 

Isn’t that a bit skewed though considering some teams have played 8 or 9 games and we’ve only played 7?

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Isn’t that a bit skewed though considering some teams have played 8 or 9 games and we’ve only played 7?

We've given up the 2nd least points, but are ranked 3rd in scoring D (ppg).  Dallas is #1 in the league (123 in 7 games, 17.6 ppg)... The Ravens are 2nd in ppg (17.7 ppg, 180 points in 9 games... under 18 ppg)... and we're 3rd (just over 18 ppg, 127 total in 7 games).

If we beat the Cowboys by more than 4 and keep them to 14 or under... we jump to the top spot in the league (overall and per game).

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

What the world did I just witness? lol

Now you all know how you sound defending Mariota!

Hahah I'm just kidding, but I don't know how he thinks beating a 3-4 team and going 4-4 cements them as a top team lolol.

Archived