Chubb, Rookie of the month.

AKRNA

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Rosen would make our line look better. I’d rather have a high level QB than a high level pass rusher. It’s going to be very difficult for us to get a high level QB in the next two years. We’re gonna be bad again next year. Pretty simple why Rosen would be more valuable for us. 

Chubb is really good though and better than I expected 

Not yet he can't and maybe never. Brees, Brady, Rivers, guys that recognize everything a defense throws at them and torch it regularly make their OL's better. Not a rookie. 

Personally, I don't think Rosen will hold up to the punishment but we'll see. 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, Broncofan said:

Show me the Goff 2016 highlights.  They are pretty few and far between.   Now that he's broken out - people forget fans were actually questioning if he should even be a starter.    Textbook case of recall bias - now that he's great, people don't remember the actual rookie year.   As for Rosen, the MIN & SF comebacks (MIN then went ahead for good later) are already there.   And again, that's on an OL that's worse than our current one...and MIKE MCCOY as the OC.   Mike Freaking McCoy.     So the argument that we'd be unable to achieve any success - it's impossible to say ARI is any easier of a test than we would be .    It's just the guy was successful even as a freshman, and has owned the QB skillset of accuracy, anticipation, placement  and pocket awareness, along with old-school willingness to hang in the pocket that translates most to NFL success.    Again, the only risk with Rosen is injury (and it's a legit one). 

None of which takes anything away from Chubb, FWIW.   

Oh okay, Broncofan...whatever you say...you are always right.

Man, the constant “We should have taken Rosen” talk is exhausting.  The point has been made.  We all get your opinion.

But can we pause for a moment and just unreservedly congratulate Chubb on this accomplishment and celebrate a great start to his Career as a Bronco?  He, and our other Rookies, are one of the very few things we can enjoy on this team this year.  Let’s Enjoy it!

If we want to bring every thread (game day threads, 53 man roster thread, future draft propects thread, Chubb is RDPOM thread, etc) back to how Elway should have drafted Rosen, maybe we could set up a dedicated “Elway should have drafted Rosen” thread and the mods could move all the Rosen discussion there. That way, those of us that want to avoid the beat down can just steer clear of that thread?

One aspect of Chubb's game that I think was almost held against him in the draft process but is really paying off? His motor is unbelievable. When pass rushers can't make the plays within 3-4 seconds, it often opens up lanes for the QBs to run or step up and make a throw unabated. Chubb doesn't run himself out of plays. He keeps working and working and working and finishes strong. Now, if you match him up against a weaker OT or a TE, he can make the play within 3 seconds, but his calling card is going to be finishing plays through contact. It makes him a perfect compliment to Von who will set him up for success chasing the QB into his area within the first 2-3 seconds of a play. 

I'm a bit limited in visual assessment of Chubb, limited to lomaxgr's pics and some video. What I've seen has been positive though.

Interesting stat for our rookie OLB. Right now he's 5th in the NFL recording negative plays with 17 (Sacks, TFL). Who are the guys in front of him? Danielle Hunter with 24 1/2, Aaron Donald 23, JJ Watt at 20 and Von Miller with 18.

Thats some pretty heady company for a rookie in any circumstance. 

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm a bit limited in visual assessment of Chubb, limited to lomaxgr's pics and some video. What I've seen has been positive though.

Interesting stat for our rookie OLB. Right now he's 5th in the NFL recording negative plays with 17 (Sacks, TFL). Who are the guys in front of him? Danielle Hunter with 24 1/2, Aaron Donald 23, JJ Watt at 20 and Von Miller with 18.

Thats some pretty heady company for a rookie in any circumstance. 

I can't believe they are all being beat out by some girl though. 

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I can't believe they are all being beat out by some girl though. 

It's a stroke of tough-love brilliance from his parents - name a kid Danielle who ends up 6'5, 260 with sub-4.6 speed.   Likely has many childhood anger issues he's taking out on opposing O players.

Archived