Who ya got  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Hue
    • Hornby
    • Teddy Atlas/Stephen A
    • The LAND

^^^

Agreed, it shows he thinks he can control the narrative around him and the team. 

Some people have the ability for crap not to stick to them, our previous prime minister was called teflon john cos nothing stuck to him. It is hard for that to happen in sports because of the score keeping.

3-35-1 is awful, and it is hues forever, worst nfl coach, worst nfl record. 

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Just love it that Hue has all these ideas on how to make Baker better but never once did it last year for Kizer. He forced Kizer to run Hues concepts and scheme. You never ever heard about how Hue stole concepts from Notre Dame. Hell running option in the red zone would have been great by forcing a Defender to be a read defender instead of fully playing the run or pass. 

There is a big difference between the offenses for Kizer and Baker though. The offense actually suited Kizer until he got into the red zone. Sure, they should have ran a lot more and passed less but Kizer was limited on the passes he was decent at, and the deep ball, even though inconsistent, was his best pass. Hue's biggest flaw last year was starting Kizer and giving the poor man's Alex Smith (Kessler) no chance at the job. Kessler wasn't our future but Kesler wouldn't have won less games and almost certainly would have won some games based on not losing games alone (see Jax). Hue thought he learned from that mistake by not giving Mayfield, another rookie, a chance to start but what it doesn't appear that he realized is that not every situation isn't created equally. That is where Hue fails the most.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

There is a big difference between the offenses for Kizer and Baker though. The offense actually suited Kizer until he got into the red zone. Sure, they should have ran a lot more and passed less but Kizer was limited on the passes he was decent at, and the deep ball, even though inconsistent, was his best pass. Hue's biggest flaw last year was starting Kizer and giving the poor man's Alex Smith (Kessler) no chance at the job. Kessler wasn't our future but Kesler wouldn't have won less games and almost certainly would have won some games based on not losing games alone (see Jax). Hue thought he learned from that mistake by not giving Mayfield, another rookie, a chance to start but what it doesn't appear that he realized is that not every situation isn't created equally. That is where Hue fails the most.

Good post.

The "QB Whisperer" -- what he sold himself as -- damaged two and was on his way to damaging a third. POS

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dont know about the offense being suited well for Kizer. To me Kizer wasnt great at reading defenses. So he was slow at his reads. With that, Hue's offense was based on the WRs getting out and the QB, finding the open WR and then letting it rip. Where Haley offense wasnt built around anticipation throws.  A lot of the times Kizer was finding the open guy too late. I believe Kizer would have been better in Haley's offense than Hue. Hell, I think Taylor would have been better in Hue's offense. Taylor didnt trust himself to try and throw a WR open. 

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

At this point he should be like an ex-President should be regarding matters in which he no longer is involved...tight-lipped in a display of dignity.

Well, our former president is currently giving speeches with rhetoric against our current president so...

I get your point, though.

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Well, our former president is currently giving speeches with rhetoric against our current president so...

Yup, they both badly lack dignity.

It was that coincidence of timing that caught my attention.

There used to be good rules generally observed that now are fading away.

And Hueball is a poster child for that.

I am sure he has some misguided/ill-thought-through rationalization (I do not believe that he has clear thoughts) for this but I certainly cannot divine his point.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I dont know about the offense being suited well for Kizer. To me Kizer wasnt great at reading defenses. So he was slow at his reads. With that, Hue's offense was based on the WRs getting out and the QB, finding the open WR and then letting it rip. Where Haley offense wasnt built around anticipation throws.  A lot of the times Kizer was finding the open guy too late. I believe Kizer would have been better in Haley's offense than Hue. Hell, I think Taylor would have been better in Hue's offense. Taylor didnt trust himself to try and throw a WR open. 

Haley's offense wasn't built on anticipatory throws and Hue's was? Without elite offensive linemen and receivers Hue's offense is doomed. You can't be halfway through your route after 2.5 to 3 seconds and be a #1 or #2 option. Not without an elite offensive line. Haley's offense is like Hue's red zone offense, how did Kizer do with that?

It may have been better for Taylor because he would have ran 60% of the time because the pocket would have collapsed and he would have took off. Hue's offense is good when you are down 20 late in the 4th, that's about it.

There certainly is a better offense for Taylor but as far as passing it isn't Hue's.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Haley's offense wasn't built on anticipatory throws and Hue's was? Without elite offensive linemen and receivers Hue's offense is doomed. You can't be halfway through your route after 2.5 to 3 seconds and be a #1 or #2 option. Not without an elite offensive line. Haley's offense is like Hue's red zone offense, how did Kizer do with that?

It may have been better for Taylor because he would have ran 60% of the time because the pocket would have collapsed and he would have took off. Hue's offense is good when you are down 20 late in the 4th, that's about it.

There certainly is a better offense for Taylor but as far as passing it isn't Hue's.

Huh?

to me haleys offense is set on anticipation throwing. Knowing the proper timing and having great accuracy to throw it where the WR will be or where you want him to be. Hue’s offense was opposite. Instead of throwing it where you think the WR will be or where you want them to be, you find the open WR and rip it. Hue= see open WR, rip it. Haley= anticipate where the WR will be, rip it. Hue’s offense is a bad scheme for a slow reading QB and awful WRs. Hue offense asks a lot for the WRs to win their battles. To me it’s the reason he looked so good in cincy. Dalton can read defenses and he had a great group of WRs lead by Green. 

I just think Taylor’s strengths were better suited for Hue’s offense compared to Haley. no way am I trying to defend Hue or Taylor but it’s just an observation. Of course there are better offenses for Taylor. He would be a great fit in Shanny’s offense. Maybe Tyrod goes to the 49ers to start until JimmyG is 100%

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I get your point, though.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Yup, they both badly lack dignity.

It was that coincidence of timing that caught my attention.

There used to be good rules generally observed that now are fading away.

giphy.gif 

20 hours ago, buno67 said:

It just seems like more and more likely, if you give a HC GM type powers they always fail. BB seems to be the only exception to that 

I wouldn't even call that a success. Bill Belichek is a failure as a GM. He makes bad trades and some even worse picks in the draft. He is just a good enough coach to coach his way out of a lack of talent(Also helps to have Tom Brady). He finds ways to put his players in the best position to succeed and is the best situational/game plan specific coach in the history of the game. Bill Belichek would be a terrible GM if he weren't the head coach as well.

Archived