Week 9: Atlanta Falcons GDT

Ghostnote

This game definitely worries me as well. However the falcons haven't been able to run the ball against anyone this season. Their 2 starting guards are out as well.  So if we can rush 4 and get pressure then maybe we can double cover Julio and get safety help on Ridley. They are missing both starting safeties as well as Deion Jones and CB Robert Alford is questionable for the game. Luckily it's at the Skins as the falcons haven't won an away game this season.  We need the D to do what they've been doing and need this to be the one game that Alex and the offense score some TDs.  I'm thinking 24 points wins us the game. 

Damn it Mike now I have to go to Argentina :)  Yea this game worries me a bunch because of our inability to come back from being behind in a game.  Both the Colts and the Saints game proved that.  And the Falcons can put you behind in a hurry if Mattie Ice has time to throw the ball with those receivers.  its going to be a nice day also on Sunday so no weather issues for that flying circus Atlanta has.  

The traditional ball control, keep Atlanta's offense of the field,  mistake free football is paramount in this game.  And also Smith has to hit the open receivers with accuracy and move the chains.  Atlanta doesn't have as good LBs as Dallas or at least they are not that fast so the check-down King of ours might be a good play this weekend.  We will see but I don't have a confident feeling.

This game is definitely gonna test our placement in this list.  And probably will improve the Falcons ranking.  

By the way, notice that the Vikings defense is still elite,  but need a little more help from their offense if they want to look good in the bulk stats like they have the last few years.

21 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This game is definitely gonna test our placement in this list.  And probably will improve the Falcons ranking.  

By the way, notice that the Vikings defense is still elite,  but need a little more help from their offense if they want to look good in the bulk stats like they have the last few years.

Definitely a huge test. The Falcons are 50% on offensive 3rd down conversions.

So looking at this chart none of the teams they have played so far this year are top 10 defensively stopping the 3rd downs.   I am sure our % is lower than say Browns and Jets because of what the Saints did to us on Monday night.  Man something has got to give here.  What is most impressive is the Saints because they have played Vikings, Ravens, Browns and us and won.

Archived