Week 9: Atlanta Falcons GDT

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, Woz said:

For all my criticism of Smith, he A) threw it downfield, B) into a guy was covered instead of being open, and C) just had crazy bad luck. Cannot put that on Smith.

This. Can’t complain about him not throwing downfield into tight windows all season - even though he has some - and then when he does, the receiver doesn’t catch it so it gets intercepted and then blame the QB. 

Of course, blaming the QB is the easy way out, so it doesn’t surprise me either.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

This. Can’t complain about him not throwing downfield into tight windows all season - even though he has some - and then when he does, the receiver doesn’t catch it so it gets intercepted and then blame the QB. 

Of course, blaming the QB is the easy way out, so it doesn’t surprise me either.

At the same time, this is the first game I can think of where he has gone downfield as much as he has. So, I'm not sure I would be wrapping myself up in the flag of "his receivers are failing him."

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Even going back to when I was a tiny shaver, “if it hits you in the hands, you catch it”. 

That was absolutely catchable.

I'm not disagreeing it was possible for him to try to get it after the DB knocked it.. I'm simply pointing out that if it were placed correctly the DB doesnt get a hand on it and it doesnt get picked

1 minute ago, Woz said:

At the same time, this is the first game I can think of where he has gone downfield as much as he has. So, I'm not sure I would be wrapping myself up in the flag of "his receivers are failing him."

Just watched the play in slow mo. I was right, The ball is UNDERTHROWN! It hits the DB's arms, first.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Just watched the play in slow mo. I was right, The ball is UNDERTHROWN! It hits the DB's arms, first.

Did the DB get there early or was that my imagination?

And oh, btw, @turtle28 that last pass to Harris was pathetically off target.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because it was underthrown and too far inside. The DB got a left hand on the ball prior to it getting to VD

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Sometimes no one is to blame. Just a great play by the defender. You can’t really expect Smith to nail what would have had to be an absolutely perfect throw to fit it in there. 9 times out of 10, where he placed it would have led to a completion. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Sometimes no one is to blame. Just a great play by the defender. You can’t really expect Smith to nail what would have had to be an absolutely perfect throw to fit it in there. 9 times out of 10, where he placed it would have led to a completion. 

Why can’t we expect him to do it?

Archived