The Ugly, The Ugly & The Ugly Vs SF

raidr4life

At this point how does everyone feel about Gunether? It seems like he’s getting a pass because of talent. But the dude is also trotting out Nelson almost every week. So far, like all of the other Gruden hires, he has been uninspiring. 

8 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

At this point how does everyone feel about Gunether? It seems like he’s getting a pass because of talent. But the dude is also trotting out Nelson almost every week. So far, like all of the other Gruden hires, he has been uninspiring. 

Grudens been getting in his face now the last couple weeks. I like guenther, and hope he stays. But seeing that has me wondering. 

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Guenther's entire scheme is predicated on the front 4 getting pressure by themselves so he's kinda screwed. He's very conservative. He doesn't have Geno, Dunlap, and MJ to get him pressure anymore.

Cable has to go. Def coordinator prob has the worst group weve had in years because no khalil mack to mack splash plays. Even when he sends blitzes every guy gets picked up because they get zero push regularly. Just a bad front 4 and below average lbs.

I can't make heads or tales of the defense and Guenther. You can make the talent argument, sure. But s much of it is just poor coaching. They play dumb, undisciplined football. Look lost in coverages, slow to react, don't set edges, fill run fits, etc. That's on coaching. I don't see guys in spots to make plays. A good coach doesn't get tossed by a 3rd string QB with no arm talent.

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I can't make heads or tales of the defense and Guenther. You can make the talent argument, sure. But s much of it is just poor coaching. They play dumb, undisciplined football. Look lost in coverages, slow to react, don't set edges, fill run fits, etc. That's on coaching. I don't see guys in spots to make plays. A good coach doesn't get tossed by a 3rd string QB with no arm talent.

Man the way they was playing outside leverage on all the blitzes had me furious. A 10 year old playing madden knows to shade coverage inside on blitzes. You got to defend the inside quick slant. Simple stuff. That's all coaching. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Man the way they was playing outside leverage on all the blitzes had me furious. A 10 year old playing madden knows to shade coverage inside on blitzes. You got to defend the inside quick slant. Simple stuff. That's all coaching. 

Exactly.... I was laughing at that too. Just poor coaching and technique. Then the defense just quit. Flat out quit trying. Also coaching. They don't even want to play for this regime now.

Archived