You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 5:03 PM, jfinley88 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6q1kK6Ius&list=PLQYvCZ_a_UAlkhg3ZgnNUFS36mECTCSqe&index=1

Peep this mixtape if you wanna hear some of his better stuff imo. not a bad track on the whole joint (edit: it's actually missing a couple tracks). everybody loves you, one for sophie, day earth stood still & days of future past best tracks there probably. free to download and his soundcloud is filled w/ tons of gems too that you can pull for free. 

If only you could put as much effort into your actual responsibilities as you do into peeping mixtapes.  Smh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 7:20 PM, iPwn said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-pink-lavalamp/1355277634

Holy crap. The Pink Lavalamp got an official release. It took a decade, but we finally got an official release.

Nice. Figured sampling clearance stuff prevented it. I put 'Choices'  (my favorite Hamilton song and i think i got it from thrILL!'s best of Charles download, so thanks) on it and it is one of my favorite albums. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Nice. Figured sampling clearance stuff prevented it. I put 'Choices'  (my favorite Hamilton song and i think i got it from thrILL!'s best of Charles download, so thanks) on it and it is one of my favorite albums. 

The story I’ve heard with it was that the record label wanted him to put Brooklyn Girls on the record, but he didn’t think it fit. He got angry when they wouldn’t budge and leaked it on thisis50.com to kill any chance of them changing the status of his project. After the leak, the studio determined that the cost to complete the album would be more than what they could get for an album that had been leaked months before its completion. They had already cleared all the samples and everything, it just wasn’t in a completed state. 

While not done by the artist, it’s the same thing that caused 50 Cent’s intended debut “Power of the Dollar” to never get released, as well as Jean Grae’s intended debut “Jeanius”. Though the latter did get a release years later when she was on a different label.

Guess someone decided there was enough buzz to justify an anniversary release. Or someone took up the bill on their own to get it released.