You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B

pwny

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Tariq the GOAT. I don’t care what anyone says.

Bar for bar he can pretty much stand up to anyone.  But he doesn't have the discography.  

Nas & Jay are 1a and 1b and both have MULTIPLE 5 mic albums.  The Roots don't have a single one.  Illadelph Halflife was def dope but nowhere near Illmatic, The Blueprint, etc.

In the last few years, we've seen Nas & Jay drop album gems in Life Is Good and 4:44.  Meanwhile, Thought is busy singing corny Tonight Show jingles?  Nahhhhhh.  We need a solo album from Thought esp after this teaser.

Edited by thrILL!
Autocorrect failz

On 12/15/2017 at 1:07 AM, thrILL! said:

In the last few years, we've seen Nas & Jay drop album gems in Life Is Good and 4:44.  Meanwhile, Thought is busy singing corny Tonight Show jingles?  Nahhhhhh.  We need a solo album from Thought esp after this teaser.

We got ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin in 2014. 2011 brought us Undun. I think they were both really great projects, that really showed how fantastic of a storyteller he is through an album.

It helps having arguably the best drummer on the planet and some really great band mates to help craft these albums, but the way The Roots have completely reinvented their sound and band direction on every single album really does it for me. 

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

It helps having arguably the best drummer on the planet and some really great band mates to help craft these albums, but the way The Roots have completely reinvented their sound and band direction on every single album really does it for me. 

They def are remarkable as a unit but I need more production wise.  That’s why I want to hear a solo album.  I admire his loyalty to his group but I wish he hadn’t shelved Hardware back in he day.  It had production from Pete Rock and others.  I wanna hear him over Alchemist, Just Blaze, No ID and other production greats.