Payback Time! Week 9 GDT Thread : Steelers @ Ravens

steelcurtain29

Just now, warfelg said:

If they know the clock is out and the penalty negates a TD, why not call the game there and prevent injury?

Clock hadn't run out yet and you can't just stop a play dead in that particular situation in the rare case that it wasn't even though it so obviously was.

10 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Should've run that 3rd down snap at 02:01 with Jimmy Smith still in the tent to be honest. Gotta have better situational awareness. It's a loss of one second but you still take away the 2 minute warning from Baltimore and don't let them get their best DB on the field.

It’s not a loss of 1 second, it’s a loss of 1 down. If you don’t get a first down before the 2:00 minute mark, you immediately come back to punt. That’s awful clock management. You force no timeouts and you immediate punt on the less side of the warning. 

They had good situational awareness. Jimmy Smith isn’t worth losing the ball game. 

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Absolutely dominated them. Their only TD drive was heavily aided by questionable calls. Would love if this lead to Harbaugh getting fired!

yep

I think their other drive was helped by the refs too

and our offense did what they want. just self-inflicted mistakes stopped us

I absolutely love beating the Ravens for two reasons; (1) Eric Weddle spurning us for the Ravens 4 years ago only for us to dominant the AFC North while the Ravens continue to fail to make the post-season and (2) Eric Weddle saying "this isn't the same old Ravens" after a week 4 win against the Steelers. Looks like it's the same old Ravens to me.

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s not a loss of 1 second, it’s a loss of 1 down. If you don’t get a first down before the 2:00 minute mark, you immediately come back to punt. That’s awful clock management. You force no timeouts and you immediate punt on the less side of the warning. 

They had good situational awareness. Jimmy Smith isn’t worth losing the ball game. 

You're point is 100% wrong because they threw the ball anyway so yes, it literally is the difference of once second if the pass isn't complete which your chances of making sure the pass is complete go up exponentially without Smith on the field. You can't mention the forcing of timeouts unless the pass is complete. If the pass is complete, the game is over anyway, so your point demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the situation. It's quite literally what Brady and Belichick do all the time.

15 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You're point is 100% wrong because they threw the ball anyway so yes, it literally is the difference of once second if the pass isn't complete which your chances of making sure the pass is complete go up exponentially without Smith on the field. You can't mention the forcing of timeouts unless the pass is complete. If the pass is complete, the game is over anyway, so your point demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the situation. It's quite literally what Brady and Belichick do all the time.

You can say it’s wrong, it’s nowhere near 100% wrong. 

Your best case scenario is a hurried playcall that leads to an immediate game stoppage. My best case scenario is a game stoppage timeout that leads to a detailed playcall, that leads to a Forced opponents timeout. 

I also don’t HAVE to pass, where in your scenario you do...I now have more balance on offense. A first down is the ultimate goal, but that clock running is more significant  

You see more teams run your scenario when they are losing to gain the extra timeout. Not the other way around. And no...Jimmy Smith does not make that difference. 

Archived