Is the defense for real?

TheGreeK1973

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Well maybe they should switch it up a bit, something else this teams knows nothing about ADJUSTMENTS. The pressure up the middle has to be increased. Adjusting the deffense where you can have Payne and Settle as the DTs with Matt and Allen as DEs is something to think about. 

Your example basically says Settle is a wasted pick because he will never see the feild behind Payne in those type of formations unless Payne is injured. 

There’s not adjustments to be made with our DL. They play a majority of the snaps because they’re our 3 best DL, guys like Settle, Brantley and aoon McGee fill in to give them breaks here and there.

Settle is not a wasted pick. He’s just a 5th round rookie who is depth, which a find like that for this team is a freakin miracle bc for 25 years we’ve usually missed on mid and late round picks. 

Settle will play more and more as he develops and hopefully turns some of that baby fat into muscle and gets down to 320 instead of 330...

Having 4 interior rushers and primarily run stuffers on the field is not something to think about unless it’s short yardage... that’s a hard no.

8 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Man I be really loving Ioannidis.   This guy is playing way above what anyone in their right mind would expect from a 5th round pick.

Yeah, I thought he’d be good depth when we drafted him, I had no clue he’d develop into a monster. Gotta thank Gruden for pounding the table and wanting to draft him in 2016.

https://theathletic.com/667749/2018/11/21/redskins-film-room-plan-to-defend-number-one-receivers-emerging/

Mark bullock does a film review on the issues they Redskins have had in run d vs the Falcons and Texans.

Also, how they’ve started having Norman travel more with #1s and it working. Still, something I don’t understand why it hasn’t been done all the time and especially practiced by the defense a lot after how the beginning of 2016 season started.

Archived