Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 10/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, bluemushrooms said:

How many dates do you guys usually go on before considering you and the girl/other person to be exclusive or officially dating?  

Let her decide that. If you play it right she'll start bringing it up to you.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, Bullet Club said:

Let her decide that. If you play it right she'll start bringing it up to you.

calculating "strategies" like this really bother me when i see them. why is there a need to play anything with a date?

why not just be honest and ask the questions about things you each question, and want to understand better?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

calculating "strategies" like this really bother me when i see them. why is there a need to play anything with a date?

why not just be honest and ask the questions about things you each question, and want to understand better?

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, vike daddy said:

It seems to be common amongst the younger guys to play these sorta mental gymnastics with women. To be fair, younger women do it a lot too. As both parties start to grow older they start to realize it's much easier to be upfront about these little things. It helps the relationship grow and creates a comfort between the couple. Communication is key even early on in the relationship.

Bluemushrooms, just be up front with her. You'll find out where you stand, and that's what's important, because then you'll know how much to invest in this woman. If she's all for being exclusive, then you may have found a good woman to settle down with. If she doesn't want to be exclusive, well, then she isn't quite as invested as you are, so you should maybe reel it back a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what kinds of things do you like to do for fun? can you join clubs? volunteer your time? 

good way to meet new people, and you know right away you have one common interest.

Thats a good way to start. I fancy myself a decent cook and really enjoy it. I always enjoy a good standup show or play etc. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Both

Find a rec sport to play in. I've met tons of people playing flag football on weekends and teams are always looking for "Free Agents". They're usually down to grab a beer or two after the games as well.

As for dating, Tinder/Bumble have been successful for me. Otherwise get a dog and go to the park. Or sign up for a yoga class.

Serious question:

I'm getting married next year, and my wife to be and I have always kinda gone back and forth on the whole biological child thing. I'm personally more for at least 1-2 of our own and then we want to do foster to adopt. However, I don't think she's all on board with the biological child thing and at the end, its more her choice than mine. Her body. While I will love any adopted child like any of my own, I still (greedy or not) would like my own bloodline to kinda continue.

How would you breach the subject?