Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

22 hours ago, Tyty said:

Conclusion: so I confronted him about it and it went pretty much as I expected since I guess ultimately their relationship is only their business and also the guy is little ball of masculinity and ego. He told me he hasn’t cheated on her and he still isn’t even though he’s bragged voraciously to me in the past about all his side activities. I told him you know that’s bull**** dude and then the rest of the day he passive aggressively made jabs at me about how I’m a woman for getting involved and stuff and it finally came to the point where I told him to **** off and asked him if he wanted to talk about it outside which isn’t typically in my nature, especially with friends. He dropped it, talked about only tv shows and stuff from then on but I think I’m done with the whole situation, I’m not investing any more energy into it. 

Well done, stuff like this isnt easy. 

• Like 2

I've been dating this girl I met on Tinder since December, and things have been going super great. Literally could not ask for a better last 5-ish months.

One of her old friends came to town, so we went to the bars and got pretty buttered, and her friend asked about the L-word while she was singing karaoke. 
I answered in the affirmative kind-of immediately thanks to the 5+ hours of beverages I had consumed. Later on, she told me the same.

So I guess this is a thing now.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I've been dating this girl I met on Tinder since December, and things have been going super great. Literally could not ask for a better last 5-ish months.

One of her old friends came to town, so we went to the bars and got pretty buttered, and her friend asked about the L-word while she was singing karaoke. 
I answered in the affirmative kind-of immediately thanks to the 5+ hours of beverages I had consumed. Later on, she told me the same.

So I guess this is a thing now.

So how many tinder dates did you go on before you found her?

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

So how many tinder dates did you go on before you found her?

So, I kind of cycled on / off of those dating apps, much like using Creatine.
I probably went on 5 or 6 "first dates" last year. Thought a couple went great, but nothing ever materialized.

This one got me drunk and took me to an arcade bar where she proceeded to whoop my *** at Mario Kart. Rest is history.

• Like 1

One of my coworkers last day is tomorrow. I asked her when her last shift was, and said even if i didn't have anything work related, id come by and say bye. She said sure, and then said i can take her out to a chinese restaurant, and i can ask her on instagram  (we always talk about good chinese spots nearby, and i have her on IG but dont have her #). 

She's given me mixed signals in the past so i was never sure if she was interested or not. Always thought it was 50/50 but since we work together i never made a move.

Side note; she also said she asked another male coworker for drinks but he said no (since he doesnt drink). I'm not sure what to make of that specifically. I don't know the context behind it at all (romantic, friendly, work-related with other co-workers, etc). 

I'm thinking that i'll message her next week, ask her how her new job is, and ask her out on a date for dinner.

Is that a good plan? She did tell me to take her out but for some reason i still feel worried.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm thinking that i'll message her next week, ask her how her new job is, and ask her out on a date for dinner.

Is that a good plan? She did tell me to take her out but for some reason i still feel worried.

yes, that's a good plan. and even though i rarely give this as advice, i'd say you should move fairly directly with her, if you are so inclined. no need to be subtle with this one, i sense.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

One of my coworkers last day is tomorrow. I asked her when her last shift was, and said even if i didn't have anything work related, id come by and say bye. She said sure, and then said i can take her out to a chinese restaurant, and i can ask her on instagram  (we always talk about good chinese spots nearby, and i have her on IG but dont have her #). 

She's given me mixed signals in the past so i was never sure if she was interested or not. Always thought it was 50/50 but since we work together i never made a move.

Side note; she also said she asked another male coworker for drinks but he said no (since he doesnt drink). I'm not sure what to make of that specifically. I don't know the context behind it at all (romantic, friendly, work-related with other co-workers, etc). 

Yep, if you're into her, go for it. Maybe make up for Sober Steve and take her out to drinks after.

22 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Just don't do anything that I would do

I messaged her on IG tonight and ask her for dinner next friday. She says shes moving on Saturday, choose another day. I say how about Sunday? She says how about in the next 2 weeks? Then she says she hasn't received her schedule and she will let me know. However, yesterday she told me she's working the same shift for the first month of her new job...so she knows her schedule

I cant believe she basically told me to ask her out, I did, and ultimately she gives me the "ill let you know" response. I haven't had a single woman give me that response and end up going out with her. I'm chalking this up as a flake/game and moving on.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1