Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 5/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

So, I kind of cycled on / off of those dating apps, much like using Creatine.
I probably went on 5 or 6 "first dates" last year. Thought a couple went great, but nothing ever materialized.

This one got me drunk and took me to an arcade bar where she proceeded to whoop my *** at Mario Kart. Rest is history.

Sounds like some wifey material right there...

• Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

This one got me drunk and took me to an arcade bar where she proceeded to whoop my *** at Mario Kart. Rest is history.

If she's anything like my girlfriend, she will never let you live down that Mario Kart loss, even though I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE WON IF A DAMN THWOMP DIDN'T HIT ME RIGHT BEFORE THE FINISH LINE.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Just a question:

Have any of you cheated and been cheated on. Which felt worse? Jada Pinkett Smith (lmfao) said it felt worse to cheat on someone than to be cheated on. 

I've been cheated on, and cheated on someone - in my experience, cheating on someone is worse. You like to think you're not capable of doing something like that, but then you do something like that and you're left re-evaluating what you know about yourself. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've been cheated on, and cheated on someone - in my experience, cheating on someone is worse. You like to think you're not capable of doing something like that, but then you do something like that and you're left re-evaluating what you know about yourself. 

I’m the opposite.

Apparently I have a fragile ego and a complete lack of a moral compass.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m the opposite.

Apparently I have a fragile ego and a complete lack of a moral compass.

Eh... when I got cheated on, it sucked but it was also a "dodged a bullet" moment. That relationship was basically DOA at the six month mark, but we were both stubborn to the point to where we stuck together for about another year. 

It also was the catalyst for my introduction to the gym in college, where I lost a ton of weight and carved myself up pretty well. By the time I was ready to get back into the game, I was a fine piece of beef, let me tell you...

• Like 1

So kind of deciding if I should take another shot with a girl who sort of ghosted me... 

she’s a friend of friend and first time I met her was with group of friends. Had a good time so messaged her day or two later and seemed to have a lot in common. Asked her to the movies ( since we both into movies and is simple). She seemed into it. Then when I tried to set up exact time I didn’t hear from her for few days. When she finally got back to me she explained it wouldn’t work because she had birthday dinner set up with her parents and kids. Tried to figure out another day, but she then just straight up ignored me. Found out later from my friend she had just lost her job and had a bunch of other crap going on and wasn’t really talking to her either. 

Anyways fast forward few months and I’ve started seeing her out again ( while with friends). And we get along great and have a ton in common. This weekend I saw her and we’re kind of teasing each other back and fourth., She’s eating fries off my plate, we’re having inside jokes between the two of etc. right now feels like either sees me as a friend or we’re at a crossroads where she maybe Interested, but I may blow it by not taking another shot. 

There is deff some tension between the two of us, but not sure if it’s sexual or just awkward tension and I’m too much of a coward to find out. Any advice would be appreciated.