Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

37 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

We were chatting and she said the same 'You're not interested in me' crap again, so bye.  I'm temped to send her a message that says 'if I wasn't interested in you why would I waste out time getting to know you?' something along those lines.  Not sure if I should though.  but as of now, moving on. 

just move on to someone a little more stable. or even a lot more stable.

you tried your best, no need to try any further.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

We were chatting and she said the same 'You're not interested in me' crap again, so bye.  I'm temped to send her a message that says 'if I wasn't interested in you why would I waste out time getting to know you?' something along those lines.  Not sure if I should though.  but as of now, moving on. 

Yeah, just let it go.  There's more fish in the sea, and you'll find one who won't put you through the ringer.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:47 PM, Bowler1215 said:

...but as of now, moving on. 

Gotta know when to hold em, gotta know when to fold em. Fold on this one, she's insecure to the point to where she wants every other word coming from your mouth to be about how interesting she is and how you're head over heels for her. Insecurity such as that never goes away. 

Best be walking away.

On 10/14/2017 at 10:20 AM, vike daddy said:

sounds like she has been dumped before for being a single mom, is hyper sensitive to it, and mistakenly lumped you in with the other guys who have done it to her

Yep, she's a walking-talking self-fulfilling prophecy. Poor girl.

So there's a corner store near my work I stop at most days. Family-run place. There's always this indian cutie working the register who mean-mugs every annoying customer with this stunning death glare. Thus far our interactions have been limited to "hi, thank you, bye" but today I asked if she ever has a day off. She said "not really" and then started giggling like I was Dave Attell or something. Should I make her my wife?

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So there's a corner store near my work I stop at most days. Family-run place. There's always this indian cutie working the register who mean-mugs every annoying customer with this stunning death glare. Thus far our interactions have been limited to "hi, thank you, bye" but today I asked if she ever has a day off. She said "not really" and then started giggling like I was Dave Attell or something. Should I make her my wife?

Please leave that poor Indian girl alone.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Just be nice to her as a general rule. She giggled because she was laughing at you.

16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Please leave that poor Indian girl alone.

Yeah, listen to Tom. Not worth it if she has "buzz off" written on her forehead.

• Like 1

Just now, scar988 said:

Yeah, listen to Tom. Not worth it if she has "buzz off" written on her forehead.

It wasn't directed to me, it's the people in queue in front of me who ring up a pack of menthols and a lotto ticket then pay in nickels. That's why I was a little taken aback when she flipped to giggle mode. Maybe I had something in my teeth.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Best to get out now. All you can do is pick yourself up and push forward...

Yeah you're right.

For context and for anyone hoping to get back with an ex, I previously dated this girl for 5 years (first love) and after a 5-6 year break, I ran into her and we decided to try it again.

My ex made the right call by deciding to break it off.  We were more roommates/friends and we love each other a ton.  It just sucks so bad that we had it all except for the romance...

This break up is the saddest thing I've ever experienced lol.  No specific reason for it to end, no fighting, no cheating, no nothing.  We love each other but, just didn't love each other enough romantically and now we have to go No Contact and potentially never talk again...