Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The days I work from home, I'm usually in basketball shorts and an undershirt. If I have a Skype meeting or something, I throw on a dress shirt and check to make sure only my chest up is in view...

I would never let them tell me to turn my camera on.  If the demanded, it'd be awfully grainy looking due to the scotch tape over it :)

25 minutes ago, iPwn said:

So my relationship issue - trying to parse how to start the L word conversation. Fun times.

Sack up and just say it. It doesn't have to be anything romantic. Just while you're having a fun moment, just be like, "This is why I love you" and then go from there. She'll be in a good mood and likely say it back.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

So my relationship issue - trying to parse how to start the L word conversation. Fun times.

So help me I was like 99% sure you were talking about "Lesbian" being the L word issue...and I had 0 clue how to help you with that problem if that were a case. xD

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

@fretgod99! It's happening! Gotta evacuate Rhode Island, NOW! Initiate Zeta Five protocol! 

xD

Just come out and say it. The rest of the conversation will play out as intended. At our age (well, at YOUR age - I still got a few years on you) it's less about the goody-goody-gum drop feelings and more about someone who has the right amounts of crazy you can live with.

Dive into it, and hope there's not more crazy in her you haven't accounted for (there usually is, if you must know).

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

@fretgod99! It's happening! Gotta evacuate Rhode Island, NOW! Initiate Zeta Five protocol! 

xD

Just come out and say it. The rest of the conversation will play out as intended. At our age (well, at YOUR age - I still got a few years on you) it's less about the goody-goody-gum drop feelings and more about someone who has the right amounts of crazy you can live with.

Dive into it, and hope there's not more crazy in her you haven't accounted for (there usually is, if you must know).

Wee!

I got sneaky and dropped it in another language. She said it first in English.

If you feel it, say it. Just be willing to communicate openly about what you're experiencing. Setting that precedent up early goes a long way in creating a basis for a successful relationship down the road.

• Like 1

So that old terrible 'relationship' with crazy girl is finally done done. Basically told her I was tired of her going back and fourth and legit couldn't even be friends with a person who was constantly putting me in limbo along with telling me how awful her bf is and how they are done. only then to come back and say they are gonna work it out. Didn't message for weeks after until she did one day asking how I was doing? Told her fine. We talked a bit about her son. But since haven't talked for weeks. And now she just posts random crap on fb about how in love her and her bf are. Side note being removed from constant contact I now see she's not even that attractive. Haha

anyways current issue is I've seen this cute girl at gym a few times and have been trying to follow strict gym etiquette of getting in putting in headphones, Doing your work and getting out without anything more than subtle nods to regulars. Well today decided to bend rules a bit and chatted her up briefly after her workout. Only said a few words, but she seems nice. 

Any advice on how to advance? And yes to answer your question I'm apparently terrible at finding the appropriate locations to pickup girls...but this can't be quite as bad as work. Haha

7 hours ago, project T.O said:

So that old terrible 'relationship' with crazy girl is finally done done. Basically told her I was tired of her going back and fourth and legit couldn't even be friends with a person who was constantly putting me in limbo along with telling me how awful her bf is and how they are done. only then to come back and say they are gonna work it out. Didn't message for weeks after until she did one day asking how I was doing? Told her fine. We talked a bit about her son. But since haven't talked for weeks. And now she just posts random crap on fb about how in love her and her bf are. Side note being removed from constant contact I now see she's not even that attractive. Haha

anyways current issue is I've seen this cute girl at gym a few times and have been trying to follow strict gym etiquette of getting in putting in headphones, Doing your work and getting out without anything more than subtle nods to regulars. Well today decided to bend rules a bit and chatted her up briefly after her workout. Only said a few words, but she seems nice. 

Any advice on how to advance? And yes to answer your question I'm apparently terrible at finding the appropriate locations to pickup girls...but this can't be quite as bad as work. Haha

With this, it's cool to be friendly and such and ask for a number at the end or beginning of a workout. But during, don't chance it.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

With this, it's cool to be friendly and such and ask for a number at the end or beginning of a workout. But during, don't chance it.

Eh, idk, I'm usually someone who says "go for it" but I'm not sure about this situation.

She may have been nice because she's polite and didn't want to be rude.

I'd at least try to chat with her a bit more, maybe find out a bit more about her (like if she's single) before asking for her number. 

Being "that guy" can ruin another person's gym experience and you can quickly earn someone a bit of a reputation.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, idk, I'm usually someone who says "go for it" but I'm not sure about this situation.

I'd at least try to chat with her a bit more, maybe find out a bit more about her (like if she's single) before asking for her number. 

Being "that guy" can ruin another person's gym experience and you can quickly earn someone a bit of a reputation.

Obviously just ask for a number. Not be crazy about it and try to make it casual like you're trying to be friendly.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I lean this way. Maybe next time you make eye contact just smile at her but don't engage in conversation. Do this a couple times. If she ever seeks you out conversationally, or initiates saying hello / waving, she may be interested in reciprocating.