Our biggest need in 2019-Offensive Tackle

Doc Draper

On 11/16/2018 at 10:31 PM, turtle28 said:

That’s attempts buddy. 10 attempts, 6 or 7 completions.

Yes, and if you go look at nfl.com/stats/player for quarterbacks, you'll see that they list YPA as a standard stat. 

If you want YPC, try https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm ... and do notice that 6.67-8.83 (6 receptions on 40-50 yards) and 5.71-7.14 (7 receptions on 40-50 yards) would be significantly under Smith's average of 10.6 YPC ... good for 30th out of 32nd in the NFL.

And don't do it. If you have to ask, you're fine. If you don't, you know what I'm saying. I don't want to hear it.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Yes, and if you go look at nfl.com/stats/player for quarterbacks, you'll see that they list YPA as a standard stat. 

If you want YPC, try https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm ... and do notice that 6.67-8.83 (6 receptions on 40-50 yards) and 5.71-7.14 (7 receptions on 40-50 yards) would be significantly under Smith's average of 10.6 YPC ... good for 30th out of 32nd in the NFL.

And don't do it. If you have to ask, you're fine. If you don't, you know what I'm saying. I don't want to hear it.

I understand what you’re saying, I was being conservative in my prediction.

And, frankly, “if you don’t want to hear about it” then, why even respond to my post?

No one is making you have this conversation even if you are Mod-In-Chief.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And, frankly, “if you don’t want to hear about it” then, why even respond to my post?

You obviously didn't click on the link to understand what "it" was. That's okay. If you do click on the link, I don't want to hear it.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:57 PM, Woz said:

The sole reason I've been a downer about this whole thing is that I see what's coming: at best, a second round exit in the playoffs. Yes, the Alex Smith-led Washington Redskins is essentially the pre-2018 Washington Wizards: good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to get to the big dance.

And not bad enough to get the draft slots that would enable us to get our franchise QB and other difference making playmakers. While we are doing fairly well with the hand we're dealt (in terms of where we pick) in the draft, we continually hit the goldilocks area of the draft. Which ensures that we never truly get to that next level. The Jint sucked last year. Reawrd? Saquon. They suck this year. Reward? Possibly Herbert (or another franchise QB to replace Eli). In two years of sucking, they will have their franchise RB and QB and be back on the right track towards dominating the division. Us? We continually suck. But not enough to get the players we covet.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

But not enough to get the players we covet.

Excluding inexplicable luck (2017, Jonathan Allen).

But as we've said many times before, planning for luck/hope is not really planning at all.

The offense needs to be completely rebuilt. I would love to see offense/offense/offense with the first three draft picks. Some combination of QB/TE/WR would be ideal. QB nuff said. Our TEs are overrated and old. WR Doctson turned out to be a huge bust and the rest are just a bunch of guys. Crowder can go too.

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

The offense needs to be completely rebuilt. I would love to see offense/offense/offense with the first three draft picks. Some combination of QB/TE/WR would be ideal. QB nuff said. Our TEs are overrated and old. WR Doctson turned out to be a huge bust and the rest are just a bunch of guys. Crowder can go too.

What are we going to do about LB?

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

We just signed Zach Brown to a big deal so we are stuck with him. We could upgrade Mason Foster but it would be easier to find his replacement in FA than the draft IMO.

I think he meant how do we replace Preston Smith if we’re using all our picks on offense.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I think he meant how do we replace Preston Smith if we’re using all our picks on offense.

I meant both actually. We could have to upgrade both P Smith (if he’s too expensive) and Foster. I don’t think Anderson is an answer at ROLB, he’s always played LOLB, even in college. So, I think he’s going to be Kerrigan’s eventual replacement.

I think going almost all offense in the draft is a mistake. Just like I’d say going almost all defense in the draft and not drafting an OG, a developmental QB and a WR is a mistake too.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I meant both actually. We could have to upgrade both P Smith (if he’s too expensive) and Foster. I don’t think Anderson is an answer at ROLB, he’s always played LOLB, even in college. So, I think he’s going to be Kerrigan’s eventual replacement.

I think going almost all offense in the draft is a mistake. Just like I’d say going almost all defense in the draft and not drafting an OG, a developmental QB and a WR is a mistake too.

Ryan Anderson is going to be a career backup.

Archived