Week 9: Jets @ Fins

Dr.O

Only way to fire Bowles was GM with power of hiring and firing. It isn't the case for Jets.  If Christopher has golden balls to step in and fire Bowles then Mike Caldwell could be an ideal interim since he is their assistant head coach.  I still don't think firing Bowles will motivate the team to play differently. Or dare to say, utilizing differently(I want to see it happen).

Anyway, Spencer Long reinjured his fingers.  I would say Jets should put him on IR and sign Jon Toth to the squad.  Need clean snaps for Darnold to continue learning how to play NFL.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Only way to fire Bowles was GM with power of hiring and firing. It isn't the case for Jets.  If Christopher has golden balls to step in and fire Bowles then Mike Caldwell could be an ideal interim since he is their assistant head coach.  I still don't think firing Bowles will motivate the team to play differently. Or dare to say, utilizing differently(I want to see it happen).

Anyway, Spencer Long reinjured his fingers.  I would say Jets should put him on IR and sign Jon Toth to the squad.  Need clean snaps for Darnold to continue learning how to play NFL.

I’d put Lindsey Lohan on cocaine at center over Long going forward.

Yesterday was a major step backwards. No other way to put it. Darnold, played like he did in some of his games at So CAL. But to be fair a lot of the blame has to go to Long and all those lousy snaps, that thru Darnold's timing way off. Why it took Bowles so long to yank Long, I DON'T THINK we will ever get the truth. We lost to a team who had only 44 yards in offensive in the entire second half. we were down only one TD, and we played like we were down twenty points.

Now the ball is in the Johnson's court let see how these two spineless owners handle this mess the Jets have.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yesterday was a major step backwards. No other way to put it. Darnold, played like he did in some of his games at So CAL. But to be fair a lot of the blame has to go to Long and all those lousy snaps, that thru Darnold's timing way off. Why it took Bowles so long to yank Long, I DON'T THINK we will ever get the truth. We lost to a team who had only 44 yards in offensive in the entire second half. we were down only one TD, and we played like we were down twenty points.

Now the ball is in the Johnson's court let see how these two spineless owners handle this mess the Jets have.

Nah, Darnold gets like 90% of the blame for his performance. He forced a whole bunch of throws when he could just take the sack. He's gotta grow out of that hero-ball mentality. He's young so I don't expect this to be determinant of his future performances but it just sucked to watch. Bates should've never been promoted to OC when bringing in a rookie QB.

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was in a meeting from 1-4 for basketball officials and missed the game. Sounds like it was a good one too miss. I hope bowles is gone and we get an intern during the bye week. 

Most of us wish we were at that basketball meeting also between 1 and 4. Then I would not have this knot in my stomach.

Biggest glaring things all season and showed a ton in this game is that Long can’t play anymore. I don’t care if Harrison doesn’t block as well... atleast he can get the ball to the QB to start the play. Next biggest issue is WR. It looks like every week it’s a bunch of guys off the street playing WR for us. I do think some of the guys have more talent then what they’re showing right now (Enunwa and Robby)... but fact is, no one is playing at an NFL standard for Darnold to develop. The whole position needs a major overhaul next year. A legit #1 WR hopefully (drafted in Round 1 perhaps) and even another good WR should be brought in via trade or FA to challenge Enunwa and Anderson as the 2nd and 3rd guys.

We can’t exoevt Darnold to look good and develop with what we have him throwing to right now. You can give a guy like Brady or Brees WRs like this bc they’re established HOF QBs. Darnold isn’t that. We need to load him up with weapons. Look at the young QBs in the league right now playing well... they all have a ton of weapons for the QB. Wentz in Philly, Mahomes in KC, Goff in LA, etc.

This needs to change. Quit dropping money at CB and DL and get playmakers.

i have ZERO confidence that we will even been much better in 2019 with all our cap room if the same idiots are coaching and making the personnel decisions. We have taken zero steps forward this season. That is the biggest tragedy of this season.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Biggest glaring things all season and showed a ton in this game is that Long can’t play anymore. I don’t care if Harrison doesn’t block as well... atleast he can get the ball to the QB to start the play. Next biggest issue is WR. It looks like every week it’s a bunch of guys off the street playing WR for us. I do think some of the guys have more talent then what they’re showing right now (Enunwa and Robby)... but fact is, no one is playing at an NFL standard for Darnold to develop. The whole position needs a major overhaul next year. A legit #1 WR hopefully (drafted in Round 1 perhaps) and even another good WR should be brought in via trade or FA to challenge Enunwa and Anderson as the 2nd and 3rd guys.

We can’t exoevt Darnold to look good and develop with what we have him throwing to right now. You can give a guy like Brady or Brees WRs like this bc they’re established HOF QBs. Darnold isn’t that. We need to load him up with weapons. Look at the young QBs in the league right now playing well... they all have a ton of weapons for the QB. Wentz in Philly, Mahomes in KC, Goff in LA, etc.

This needs to change. Quit dropping money at CB and DL and get playmakers.

I'm totally with this now. Offense is the new defense and if you can just keep outscoring opponents you'll create a winning atmosphere. Gone are the days of being able to groom a QB with safe plays and a great defense. We need a real offensive coordinator who can get the ball out quick and into the hands of play makers. For as much crap as I give Brady for dink and dunk, it wins games. We need better rub routes, screens and fake screens, then bring out the field stretchers, and for that we need great YAC guys. Enunwa is the only weapon we have; for a speedster Robby is terrible at YAC and at finding soft spots in the defense. I say sign Bell, draft an elite WR, and get an OC worth his salt.

So I didn’t get the chance to watch the game live yesterday and just finished it....man just man I feel bad for the defense they kept this game tight the entire way and we just flat out failed on offense. Bowles and Bates needs the axe now, not saying none of this wasn’t on Sam(he was BAD) but we couldn’t establish anything on offensive side of the ball.

I’m all for WR or Bosa in round 1, give me Metcalf, Harry, or Hollywood. Bring on Tryell Williams and some OL help, and a solid OC or offensive minded HC and we’re in business. If y’all know how I am I’ve been pounding the table for us to take and Edge rusher for years now but as of right now I think there’s a decent shot at us ruining Sam if this keeps up so I’m throwing that out the window as of now(unless Bosa is there).

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So I didn’t get the chance to watch the game live yesterday and just finished it....man just man I feel bad for the defense they kept this game tight the entire way and we just flat out failed on offense. Bowles and Bates needs the axe now, not saying none of this wasn’t on Sam(he was BAD) but we couldn’t establish anything on offensive side of the ball.

The one thing Miami has and that is a darn good defensive line, but is no excuse for how bad our offensive played, saying they were out of SYNC is putting it mildly. The Jets offensive was a total nightmare all game long.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:46 AM, Dr.O said:

I’m all for WR or Bosa in round 1, give me Metcalf, Harry, or Hollywood. Bring on Tryell Williams and some OL help, and a solid OC or offensive minded HC and we’re in business. If y’all know how I am I’ve been pounding the table for us to take and Edge rusher for years now but as of right now I think there’s a decent shot at us ruining Sam if this keeps up so I’m throwing that out the window as of now(unless Bosa is there).

I think we’ll be drafting top ten again and at this point I don’t think any receiver is worth a top ten pick. We need major help on our OL but unless Williams is available I would try to trade down and get  a second. Than I’d use the use our first 4 picks on a OT, C,WR and RB. Hopefully we can get an edge and G in FAgency?

Even after beating us, Miami’s defense is the 7th worst in the NFL. Yet we made it seem like they were a top 7. Buffalo’s defense is ranked 3rd so this week’s game could be decided by who has the most pick sixes 😔

3 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I think we’ll be drafting top ten again and at this point I don’t think any receiver is worth a top ten pick. We need major help on our OL but unless Williams is available I would try to trade down and get  a second. Than I’d use the use our first 4 picks on a OT, C,WR and RB. Hopefully we can get an edge and G in FAgency?

Even after beating us, Miami’s defense is the 7th worst in the NFL. Yet we made it seem like they were a top 7. Buffalo’s defense is ranked 3rd so this week’s game could be decided by who has the most pick sixes 😔

Rick, I think Miami defense is a lot better than 7th worst in the league. Their defensive is on the field so much because their offensive is so bad,,their d line stop us cold on every phase of the game. And if there is a OBJR. type player in the draft we have to grab him. We need that go to receiver, to go along  with Enunwa & Anderson. I do agree with you point with upcoming Bills game.

Archived