Bruce Irvin cut

Dessie

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

And teams would also take his cap as well. Which is close to 10 million. Not that easy to trade for.

The amount of cap space the Raiders will have once cuts happen and the yearly cap raise will be ridiculous. 

Nah that ain’t right, teams would have to pick up the remainder of his contract which is closer to $4m. Unfortunately it’s another sign that Gruden has lost the locker room when he has to cut one of his captains.

13 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Nah that ain’t right, teams would have to pick up the remainder of his contract which is closer to $4m. Unfortunately it’s another sign that Gruden has lost the locker room when he has to cut one of his captains.

The fact that Irvin ever was a captain in the first place is idiotic

50 minutes ago, Dessie said:

That’s what I thought also about the remainder.

sad cause Bruce was supposed to be keys mentor

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s what I thought also about the remainder.

sad cause Bruce was supposed to be keys mentor

He came here to compete for a championship and get paid not coach up a 5th round pick. I never thought of him as a leader, Mack was the alpha, all players aren't leaders and they shouldn't be having to many leaders is a problem too. Gruden and Guenther screwed over every vet on this team Jordy, Melvin, Irvin, Osemele, and Hudson would have never signed here if they knew Gruden would do this to the team. And we'll have to overpay every cent they saved from avoiding paying our guys. And we'll see exactly who was blowing up Grudens phone to come and be a Raider.

2 hours ago, Nodisrespect said:

Lol, he's the type of player that can only play on winning teams like Crabtree or hes gonna raise hell. It's sad we can't use players like that anymore , we have to settle for guys that suck and are just happy to be in the NFL. You guys may be happy but it's a testament to the environment and coaching that we couldn't get anything out of him, he was a prized fa and he produced until Gruden landed.

This the moment Gruden landed, Gruden is not being upfront with players and it's rubbing them the wrong way!

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

He came here to compete for a championship and get paid not coach up a 5th round pick. I never thought of him as a leader, Mack was the alpha, all players aren't leaders and they shouldn't be having to many leaders is a problem too. Gruden and Guenther screwed over every vet on this team Jordy, Melvin, Irvin, Osemele, and Hudson would have never signed here if they knew Gruden would do this to the team. And we'll have to overpay every cent they saved from avoiding paying our guys. And we'll see exactly who was blowing up Grudens phone to come and be a Raider.

Just curious, what do you mean by this?

6 hours ago, Nodisrespect said:

Its not tampering if the player is old and retired.  Just like Gruden likes them.  Also I think when it is all said and done we will have closer to $120-40 million in cap space.

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The fact that Irvin ever was a captain in the first place is idiotic

With hindsight it looks a bad decision but Irvin was our nominee for the Walter Payton award last year doing a lot of good work in the community and was productive till this year. I dont know whether it’s injuries,, age and/or frustration with what has gone on for his playing time to have been cut.

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

Freed up 9.25. I believe that brings it up to 83-84 mil next year.

I've been one of Gruden's biggest critics with our personnel moves that made our team significantly worse. But he really is putting himself in a great spot to rebuild very quickly. We own 5 first draft picks and are going to have a ton of money to spend in free agency. If he has two strong drafts the next two offseasons he'll be able to breed a good young football team with good players on rookie contracts. 

Archived