Bruce Irvin cut

Dessie

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He really doesn't, though. He'll have an occasional miss... I can count 4 bad ones off the top of my head out of 260 attempts on the season.

You really need to look into what you're claiming about short passes that go for big gains, because you're 100% wrong.

I looked at his passing charts for every game:

7 of his 16 TD's completed at or near the LOS. The rest, exception of one passing TD against Tampa were 10-20 yard variety TDs.

Passes over 20 yards:

6 Interceptions / 14 completions / 29 Incompletions

He has more than an "occasional" miss. He's a sub 30% passer on passes over 20 yards. He misses 4-5 times a game with a bad pass on the eye test.

You take that Tampa game out that is a complete outlier, and it gets really ugly for him. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I looked at his passing charts for every game:

7 of his 16 TD's completed at or near the LOS. The rest, exception of one passing TD against Tampa were 10-20 yard variety TDs.

Passes over 20 yards:

6 Interceptions / 14 completions / 29 Incompletions

He has more than an "occasional" miss. He's a sub 30% passer on passes over 20 yards. He misses 4-5 times a game with a bad pass on the eye test.

You take that Tampa game out that is a complete outlier, and it gets really ugly for him. 

I've watched every single one of his games multiple times. If you want to look at charts/numbers, here are some comparisons as of Nov 2nd:

YAC Per Completion

Mahomes: 7
Trubsiky: 5.5
Watson: 5.3

Percentage of TD throws within 3 yards or behind the line of scrimmage

Mahomes: 8/26, 31%
Goff: 6/17 35%
Trubisky: 6/15 40%

Percentage of Yards made up by YAC

Goff: 53%
Mahomes: 52%
Trubisky: 47%
Watson: 41%

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

I've watched every single one of his games multiple times. If you want to look at charts/numbers, here are some comparisons as of Nov 2nd:

YAC Per Completion

Mahomes: 7
Trubsiky: 5.5
Watson: 5.3

Percentage of TD throws within 3 yards or behind the line of scrimmage

Mahomes: 8/26, 31%
Goff: 6/17 35%
Trubisky: 6/15 40%

Percentage of Yards made up by YAC

Goff: 53%
Mahomes: 52%
Trubisky: 47%
Watson: 41%

You're proving my point. 40% of his TD's have come at or behind the LOS. 41% of his game is YAC.

Comparing that to Mahomes, Watson and Goff is really meaningless. We know those 3 QBs can play. they pass the eye test. Trubisky doesn't so far. He's erratic and take out the outlier against Tampa these percentages are far worse. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're proving my point. 40% of his TD's have come at or behind the LOS. 41% of his game is YAC.

Comparing that to Mahomes, Watson and Goff is really meaningless. We know those 3 QBs can play. they pass the eye test. Trubisky doesn't so far. He's erratic and take out the outlier against Tampa these percentages are far worse. 

35% of Goff's TDs have come from at or behind the LOS, 31% of Mahomes. Are you really splitting hairs over 5%? Seems disingenuous.

Have you watched all his snaps? Not saying this to discredit you or anything, more just curious.

Archived