Raiders cut Bruce Irvin

game3525

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I hope the Panthers take a look at him.  We're struggling to get pressure without blitzing.

Irvin has basically zero pass rush moves tho. We had Khalik Mack getting tripled teamed and Irvin would go months without doing anything.

He is good at stripping the ball when he lucks into a sack but other than, he sucks. 

10 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

He was a complete ghost the 1st half of the last 2 seasons. Was a pain in Seattle's locker room and had stupid penalties all through his tenor here.

Irvin was a fan favorite here in Seattle. Not sure where you read about that. He played outside LB for us so dropped in coverage the first two downs and rushed on 3rd. Not sure how he was used in Oakland but he is limited in pass rush moves so having him use his speed rush in obvious pass situations during the game worked OK for us.

I hope Seattle signs him. He loves Ken Norton so I wouldnt be surprised.

Below average player, will make a dumb roughing the passer penalty with the game on the line all the time and is just not a good pass rusher. He can be decent for contending team as purely a situational rusher where he can rely on his speed, you need a creative defensive coordinator. Personally, I don’t think he’s worth the headache. 

Archived