game3525

Raiders cut Bruce Irvin

I hope the Panthers take a look at him.  We're struggling to get pressure without blitzing.

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Irvin is not very good at it

Yeah, he is bad. If he had any value, the Raiders would have traded him last week. 

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I hope the Panthers take a look at him.  We're struggling to get pressure without blitzing.

Irvin has basically zero pass rush moves tho. We had Khalik Mack getting tripled teamed and Irvin would go months without doing anything.

He is good at stripping the ball when he lucks into a sack but other than, he sucks. 

Saints could really use him while Davenport is out 

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Irvin is not very good at it

So they went from minuscule pass rush to zero pass rush, got it. 

i don't know why is he so obsessed with being a pass rusher, he's awful doing that. Dumb player.

48 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Gruden does not like pass rushers.

He was a complete ghost the 1st half of the last 2 seasons. Was a pain in Seattle's locker room and had stupid penalties all through his tenor here.

10 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

He was a complete ghost the 1st half of the last 2 seasons. Was a pain in Seattle's locker room and had stupid penalties all through his tenor here.

Irvin was a fan favorite here in Seattle. Not sure where you read about that. He played outside LB for us so dropped in coverage the first two downs and rushed on 3rd. Not sure how he was used in Oakland but he is limited in pass rush moves so having him use his speed rush in obvious pass situations during the game worked OK for us.

I hope Seattle signs him. He loves Ken Norton so I wouldnt be surprised.

Below average player, will make a dumb roughing the passer penalty with the game on the line all the time and is just not a good pass rusher. He can be decent for contending team as purely a situational rusher where he can rely on his speed, you need a creative defensive coordinator. Personally, I don’t think he’s worth the headache. 

Edited by BayRaider

Cant stand that guy. Was a bad signing from the jump for how we used him.  I don't wish him harm but don't wish him success either.