Bruce Irvin released by the Raiders

WindyCity

Because we are after the trade deadline Irvin is subject to waivers so anyone can claim him based on the standings right now.

The Bears really cannot afford to claim him off waivers. He makes 4 million and the Bears only have 4.6 million in cap space. They need him to go unclaimed and then get Mack to recruit him for a lower amount.

I would gladly pay him 1.5 million for the rest of the season, plus 150k per sack. 

Green Bay concerns me, they have 10 million in space, but at the same time if the liked him at 4 million they would have probably been willing to trade something for him.

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because we are after the trade deadline Irvin is subject to waivers so anyone can claim him based on the standings right now.

The Bears really cannot afford to claim him off waivers. He makes 4 million and the Bears only have 4.6 million in cap space. They need him to go unclaimed and then get Mack to recruit him for a lower amount.

I would gladly pay him 1.5 million for the rest of the season, plus 150k per sack. 

Green Bay concerns me, they have 10 million in space, but at the same time if the liked him at 4 million they would have probably been willing to trade something for him.

Why would GB signing him “concern” you? We’re not talking about a good player or anything.

Would I be upset if the Bears signed him? No, but he isn’t a difference maker.

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Why would GB signing him “concern” you? We’re not talking about a good player or anything.

Would I be upset if the Bears signed him? No, but he isn’t a difference maker.

At this point of the season you don’t often get to add someone as good as Irvin.

He is an upgrade over Floyd and Lynch right now. Neither of those guys look like they could find a QB if they wondered into the QB meeting room.

As soon as he got released I was interested. Didn't realise how close he'd put us to the cap though, saw a Raiders fan on Twitter say his effort this season has been downright insulting as well - got to think a change of scenery to a team with a winning record would hopefully turn that around - but still, those reasons have put me off a little.

If he clears waivers (which I doubt) I'd be all over it though.

6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Just take a look at the first page of the thread in the NFL News forum. Raiders fans do not like this guy. I don't really want to be paying $4m for this actually.

Gruden quit on the season and we are surprised the players are as well? Culture is huge.

I am not paying him 4 million, I am waiting for him to clear waivers and paying him 1 million for the final 8 games.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

No, not really.

He is coming off 15 sacks in 2016-17 and he has 3 this season with limited playing time.

He still has incredible speed.

Exactly. He is a one trick pony, but he does a decent job at that. Most NFL guys don't have a niche they can really rely on consistently.

We have Lynch playing much better than I expected though (I had the bar set crazy low tbh) so IDK if Fangio would want to look elsewhere. 

Archived