Who are the top 5 RB's since the year 2,000?

mdonnelly21

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Ladainian Tomlinson

Adrian Peterson

The other 3 area playing right now and just haven't gotten anywhere close to finishing.

I am referring to Zeke, Gurley, and Barkley.

That's crazy because I wouldn't even consider Zeke a top 3 active back.

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

1. LT

2. Faulk

3. Peterson

4. Holmes

I don't who the 5th would be. You can make a case for Edge, Alexander, Lewis, Tiki, Jackson, and Gore. 

This is pretty close to mine.

1) LT

2)Faulk

3)Peterson 

4) Holmes

5) five is close...but I gotta give it to Steven Jackson. How bad his teams were and he still produced stats. He didn't score much TDs cause the Rams offense was garbage. I honestly believe he was the best power back of his era...just didn't have Peterson's break away speed.

From a general statistics THEN talent standpoint (I am not digging deep, just kinda going with what I remember and a quick look at their numbers) from 2000 on
1. Tomlinson
2. Peterson
3. Alexander
4. MJD
5. Tiki Barber? Matt Forte?

From a very subjective, easily arguable perspective primarily on talent:

1. LDT
2. Faulk
3. Peterson
4. Taylor
5. Williams

Although I could also say some of the young RBs that have come out in the last 2 or 3 years are easily talented enough to crack that list. But I am an old fogey and want to see them play longer than 3 years before I put them on my list.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, DoleINGout said:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Fred Taylor

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Frank Gore

5. Steven Jackson

HM: Clinton Portis, Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Ricky Williams, LeSean McCoy, Tiki Barber, Corey Dillon, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Matt Forte, Willis McGahee, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Edgerrin James, LeVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Brian Westbrook, Preist Holmes, Maurice Jones-Drew.

Anyone I'm forgetting?

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

HM: Clinton Portis, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Ahman Green, Ricky Williams, LeSean McCoy, Tiki Barber, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Matt Forte, Willis McGahee, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Edgerrin James, LeVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Brian Westbrook, Preist Holmes.

Anyone I'm forgetting?

MJD and Jamal Lewis. I personally don’t have them top five though.

Edit: Corey Dillon and Frank Gore deserve mention as well. Still, probably not top five.

Archived