Who are the top 5 RB's since the year 2,000?

mdonnelly21

On 11/4/2018 at 1:48 PM, KellChippy said:

MJD and Jamal Lewis. I personally don’t have them top five though.

Edit: Corey Dillon and Frank Gore deserve mention as well. Still, probably not top five.

Dillon, Lewis and Jones-Drew I agree deserve to be mentioned but Frank Gore already was and statistically anyways is clearly top five.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Dillon, Lewis and Jones-Drew I agree deserve to be mentioned but Frank Gore already was and statistically anyways is clearly top five.

Can’t and won’t argue with that because I’m a big Gore fan. I think he has the least natural talent of the U rbs (Edge, Portis, Mcgahee) but his longevity and consistency outweigh that.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

Leveon Bell? lol

After whats happened this year? He could very well be traded to the Raiders or some other team with no O-Line and a moron for a head coach. I didn't forget about him, I really just expect him to take a massive plunge. Plus the post was meant as a bit of satire. Obviously none of those guys should be on that kind of list right now.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, BlaqOptic said:

That's crazy because I wouldn't even consider Zeke a top 3 active back.

He's still 4th in rushing yards despite Scott Linehan who I can only guess is trying to sabotage his career. Teams like Pitt, LA, even the Saints respect their RB's enough to get them involved in the game. While in Dallas it's "oh 7 carries for 33 yards in the first quarter? nearly 5 yards a carry? well obviously the run game isn't working we need to abandon it and try something else for the rest of the game."

Poor coaches can ruin any player. And yet Zeke is still churning out yards.,

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Barkley played half a season and he's the 4th best HB of the last 18 years. What in the name.

It didn't take me long to know that I've been that impressed with Barkley's abilities.  It's just like when the Vikings drafted Adrian Peterson.  An hour after the pick was announced I told my Dad that the Vikings had just drafted the best running back in the history of the franchise.  That proved to be true.  I knew within half of a season that Adrian would be one of the best running backs in the last 20 years too, and I believe that is also true. 

Some people put more weight in total career performance and stats, etc., and that's fine.  I just answered it based on how talented I perceived them all to be.  

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Some people put more weight in total career performance and stats, etc., and that's fine.  I just answered it based on how talented I perceived them all to be.  

It’s a lot easier to project an rb than most other poisitions as well.  He’s certainly a top 3 rb prospect since 2000. 

7 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Barkley played half a season and he's the 4th best HB of the last 18 years. What in the name.

You can really just see Barkley is gonna be special with the eye test. I wouldn't top 5 him yet. But if he stays healthy he is gonna be tight there I think.

18 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

LT

Faulk

Gore

Barber

Peterson

Just in terms of ability, ignoring longevity 

LT

Faulk

Barber

Gurely

Johnson

I can see there maybe being argument for Tiki if you are looking at longevity, but he is not even close to the top 5 if you ask me. I also wouldn't have Gore anywhere near my top 5.

Archived