San Antonio attempting to land NFL team

DigInBoys

It's Texas. They could support 6 NFL teams if they could get that many. Unless they have an amazing presentation I don't see how how they can overcome Jerry Jones and friends blocking the move though. I'd honestly like to see a team in Virginia before another one in Texas. Preferably in the Hampton Roads area.

The chargers will be moving within 10 years so this is a possibility. 

Jerry Jones+McNair would probably block the move but eh who knows.

I'd be shocked if the NFL doesn't expand within the next 15-20 years as well. (Enjoy 32 teams and the perfect divison splits while they last) 

More yahoo click bait and another example of poor journalism lol.

I love how the link headline is labeled "mayor promises city will land team within 10-years" and then in bold letters within the article is says "San Antonio mayor makes bold NFL promise" 

I watched the whole interview(here) and at no point did the Mayor actually promise anything. He said he believes the city will see an NFL team and then proceeds to explain why. Nothing more.
----------------------------
Anyhow, this seems like a long shot to me.

He does make a good point about already having an NFL ready stadium(Almodome) that is publicly owned and I'm not sure how the entire process works when finding the right cities for sports teams but I think it would still take alot more than that. 

The only other alternative that I could think of was maybe the Texans moving, but that's even more of a long shot considering their stadium just hosted the Superbowl so they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

More yahoo click bait and another example of poor journalism lol.

I love how the link headline is labeled "mayor promises city will land team within 10-years" and then in bold letters within the article is says "San Antonio mayor makes bold NFL promise" 

I watched the whole interview(here) and at no point did the Mayor actually promise anything. He said he believes the city will see an NFL team and then proceeds to explain why. Nothing more.
----------------------------
Anyhow, this seems like a long shot to me.

He does make a good point about already having an NFL ready stadium(Almodome) that is publicly owned and I'm not sure how the entire process works when finding the right cities for sports teams but I think it would still take alot more than that. 

The only other alternative that I could think of was maybe the Texans moving, but that's even more of a long shot considering their stadium just hosted the Superbowl so they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Thats hilarious. Such bad journaliZsssssssss

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

The chargers will be moving within 10 years so this is a possibility. 

They won't. For a lot of reasons I don't want to get into, they won't. Cincinnati or Jacksonville are more likely to move.

Now as far as San Antonio goes, I don't think it's likely they get a team.

Why? The game of football doesn't need to be grown in Texas. It's already football crazy.

The NFL wants to grow the game globally, and in that regard Canada, the UK, or even Mexico are more likely bets.

Archived