2019 Free Agents - The Quarterbacks

pwny

We have a thread for potential draft selections, so I thought it might also be a good deal to look at the veterans that could be brought in as a Free Agent or potential trade.

Scheduled Free Agents

• Teddy Bridgewater
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Josh McCown

Potentially Available Players

• Joe Flacco
  • Eli Manning
  • Case Keenum
  • Jameis Winston

Current Free Agents

• Sam Bradford
  • Collin Kaepernick

i cant see the team spending money for a QB without some massive cap dump moves(keep in mind we need to have cap room to extend ramsey, ngakoue, and jack). 

id be okay with teddy or tyrod depending on the money.  would be fine with Kaepernick(tho i dont think anyone will sign him).  bradford can kick rocks cuz hes always hurt and doesnt play good. 

If Flacco is available, i'd go in on that for sure.  He's enough to win with and he'd be a significant upgrade on anything else we have right now, or are likely to have available to us otherwise.  Though if it meant being married to the guy with a stupid huge money contract over many more years...i'd have to fold i guess.

Other than that...Teddy or Tyrod might be serviceable game managers if we can dump Bortles somehow, and have a rookie with some "upside" behind them.

But dealing with the deadlocked Bortle money is the real crushing problem with any sort of FA QB pursuit...even if there ends up being a guy worth going after.  You're going to need to spend significant money for anyone worth having...and we're already locked in to some pretty significant money at the QB position with Bortles extension.

8 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

no way we sign Sammy right

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ehhhhh, probably not? Considering it costs us rollover money we desperately need and we can't count on him to play which puts us right back in the same situation 

This would be a very bad move. Considering what JC is saying, it wouldn't be worth the money because he's injured every year. That's his only consistency. 

We better take Teddy and Flacco if he becomes available. Things would be a massive joke if we did not. This team has handcuffed themselves to Bortles and it doesn't seem to be working out to well for us at this point in time. 

21 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i would take mullins over CJ 

Mullens*

If Mullens keeps up his play (and keep in mind he debuted against a historically bad Raiders defense) then I think San Fran will likely choose him over Beathard; or rather it'll be easier to move Beathard over Mullens.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Mullens*

If Mullens keeps up his play (and keep in mind he debuted against a historically bad Raiders defense) then I think San Fran will likely choose him over Beathard; or rather it'll be easier to move Beathard over Mullens.

CJ isnt even as good as Cody is LOL

Archived