Bama- good or bad for college football?

CKS97

I’m leaning towards  bad.

Like, god forbid we have a playoff without them for once.

it feels like they are sucking apthe oxygen out of the room this year.

is it possiblle to be too dominant? Because the thrill of college football is the possibility of the upset.

bama has gotten to the point where I think their dynasty might be causing more harm than good for college football.

Bad. They shouldn't have been in the playoffs last year and low and behold a team that didn't deserve to be there ended up winning it.

And its boring I saw score of game and I didn't even watch. This game was highly touted and was supposed to be the game of the century the way they were making in sound. And instead we got nothing. Fans like competitiveness and when there is no competition with a foregone conclusion it makes the game boring.

Bad. Because theyre in the SECW with my Bayou Bengals. If they were anywhere else. Id feel its great.

I think whats worse for CFB. Is teams like Ohio St and Clemson. 2 teams that play nobody every year and end up in the playoffs having done nothing. Its infuriating when I have a team that could be in the playoffs every year if in any other conference. But decide to take the high road and not play the entire season cowering away from competition. 

I wouldn't say they're bad per say, but they certainly make it less interesting, at least on a macro level. They don't have any real bearing or impact on individual college football games though, which are still the best thing ever (except when they're the worst thing ever). 

Depends. They are so good they're boring. If I'm being serious, Clemson is probably the only team that can beat them. Which makes the regular season boring. But, they are so well coached and talented, that if you like good football, they're a joy to watch. Most people find them boring, but they do deserve respect, and there are people that arent necessarily fans, but love to watch them.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Bad. Because theyre in the SECW with my Bayou Bengals. If they were anywhere else. Id feel its great.

I think whats worse for CFB. Is teams like Ohio St and Clemson. 2 teams that play nobody every year and end up in the playoffs having done nothing. Its infuriating when I have a team that could be in the playoffs every year if in any other conference. But decide to take the high road and not play the entire season cowering away from competition. 

Both of those teams have beat Bama in the playoff era, something LSU has not.  LSU wouldn't be in the playoffs regardless of conference any year it has been in existence.  Might want to find a QB before facing elite teams.

13 minutes ago, PAW said:

Both of those teams have beat Bama in the playoff era, something LSU has not.  LSU wouldn't be in the playoffs regardless of conference any year it has been in existence.  Might want to find a QB before facing elite teams.

And Clemson or OSU could of made the playoffs coming out the SECW?

I cant say that would happen. Theyd always get tripped up randomly. Have years where your at Auburn, at Florida or UGA, at Bama, at MissSt all in the same season while A&M LSU at home. I can say no team could do that without tripping but this current Bama one.

Ive been to ACC venues. And Ive been to Auburn, Swamp, Bryant Denny, Miss St. Its tough play, and Clemson might be a great team atm. But I say only this Bama can pull it off cleanly.

I mean, as a fan, yeah they're bad. Just like the Warriors are bad for the NBA. Not only do they greatly diminish my team's chances of winning it all, they make the playoffs considerably less exciting.

However, and now I'm talking specifically about Bama, there's nothing "bad" about how they came to be or how they continue to dominate (no reason to think they cheat any more/less than the other big boys). Look no further than their recruiting numbers if you wonder how they've managed to be so good for so long. All time great coach + an athletic department willing to allocate large funds (and why shouldn't they, clearly paying off), and you've got a machine like Bama. Being a program with rich history doesn't hurt either, as there's tons of legacy recruits to be had and people growing up wanting to play for you. 

Also, this is the only time in CFP era so far where it feels like "what's the point, Bama cleary #1"... That's because they have a special talent at QB. As is the case with every program: more times than not, they won't have a special talent at QB and that can make a worlds difference. 

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And Clemson or OSU could of made the playoffs coming out the SECW?

I cant say that would happen. Theyd always get tripped up randomly. Have years where your at Auburn, at Florida or UGA, at Bama, at MissSt all in the same season while A&M LSU at home. I can say no team could do that without tripping but this current Bama one.

Ive been to ACC venues. And Ive been to Auburn, Swamp, Bryant Denny, Miss St. Its tough play, and Clemson might be a great team atm. But I say only this Bama can pull it off cleanly.

Big Ten was better than the SEC last year and ACC was the year before. 

Keep living in your illusion here though.

Archived