Bama- good or bad for college football?

CKS97

Last year the Big 10 deserved the spot light and despite a late season loss that should have hurt Bama much worse than it did, they ended up making the playoffs and some other, more deserving teams did not.  

This year, LSU and Miss State are the ONLY teams that Bama has faced that are even ranked in the top 25, neither of which even scored against them.  The rest were blowout wins, tells you how good the likes of Louisville, Tennessee, Mizz, Ark State, Texas A&M, Arkansas, LA-Lafayette, and Citadel have been.  

I get that the majority of those are SEC competition but the ones that aren't, c'mon you're supposed to be the best but yet you play no one?  C'mon man.

2 seasons ago the ACC was the best conference, last year, Big 10, this year, who knows tbh.. 

There is and always has been and always will be an SEC bias.  SEC fans and media supporters will always deny it, but the rest of us, sitting back and watching it, know it.  It could be the last game of the season, Bama vs. Citadel and Bama could lose by 45 and would still make the playoffs.

Allow me to be clear, I am not saying Bama isn't a really good team or that if they had a tougher schedule they wouldn't still be in this position, but they don't have tougher schedules..ever, and despite late season, bad losses, they are lucky to drop a spot or two while we see other teams drop 10 spots easily.  Bama also isn't the only team treated in this manner.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Allow me to be clear, I am not saying Bama isn't a really good team or that if they had a tougher schedule they wouldn't still be in this position, but they don't have tougher schedules..ever, and despite late season, bad losses, they are lucky to drop a spot or two while we see other teams drop 10 spots easily.  Bama also isn't the only team treated in this manner.

LoL this is nonsense.  We've repeatedly seen top 5 teams lose and drop just a few spots.  

When #2 Bama lost to #15 Ole Miss at home in 2015 by one score in a close game where we had 5 turnovers and everything went Ole Miss' way (remember the crazy tipped pass for a TD?), we dropped from #2 to #12.  Ohio State got destroyed by 29 to a lousy unranked Purdue team and dropped from #2 to #8.  

Take your false narrative elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

LoL this is nonsense.  We've repeatedly seen top 5 teams lose and drop just a few spots.  

When #2 Bama lost to #15 Ole Miss at home in 2015 by one score in a close game where we had 5 turnovers and everything went Ole Miss' way (remember the crazy tipped pass for a TD?), we dropped from #2 to #12.  Ohio State got destroyed by 29 to a lousy unranked Purdue team and dropped from #2 to #8.  

Take your false narrative elsewhere.

OSU, yes, they drop all the time, Bama, no matter how much they drop, the next win gets them right back in the playoffs 95% of the time.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Last year the Big 10 deserved the spot light and despite a late season loss that should have hurt Bama much worse than it did, they ended up making the playoffs and some other, more deserving teams did not.

Who were these teams?

Just now, wwhickok said:

At least one of these teams won their conference.  Just sayin'.

Ah so you are one of those that think the best teams are so evenly distributed that winning your conference automatically makes you better than someone who didn't win theirs.

So you think OSU with 2 losses one of which to a bad Iowa team was better? Or USC with their 2 losses? Or UCF with their nothing schedule?

By the way OSU also made the playoffs without winning their division once. Just saying since you think Bama is special.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

At least one of these teams won their conference.  Just sayin'.

When Ohio State made the CFB playoffs with all the controversy a few yrs back, they steamrolled thru the playoffs and won it all showing the committee got it right.  Bama did the same thing last year destroying Clemson and then beating an outstanding Georgia team for the title.  They got it right again.  Nobody in the Big 10 deserved being there and had they, they would've been waxed like they were the year before when Clemson embarrassed Ohio St.

Michigan has everything lined up for themselves this year if they can just get past Ohio St and the Big10CG.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Ah so you are one of those that think the best teams are so evenly distributed that winning your conference automatically makes you better than someone who didn't win theirs.

So you think OSU with 2 losses one of which to a bad Iowa team was better? Or USC with their 2 losses? Or UCF with their nothing schedule?

By the way OSU also made the playoffs without winning their division once. Just saying since you think Bama is special.

First of all,  one of the teams I'm referring to is not OSU.  I don't think Bama is the only team that gets this type of 'special treatment' from time to time.  But let us not pretend that it doesn't happen.  

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

When Ohio State made the CFB playoffs with all the controversy a few yrs back, they steamrolled thru the playoffs and won it all showing the committee got it right.  Bama did the same thing last year destroying Clemson and then beating an outstanding Georgia team for the title.  They got it right again.  Nobody in the Big 10 deserved being there and had they, they would've been waxed like they were the year before when Clemson embarrassed Ohio St.

Michigan has everything lined up for themselves this year if they can just get past Ohio St and the Big10CG.

If Michigan can't get past OSU they dont' deserve to get there, OSU isn't that good.  PSU pretty much sucks in terms of top talent this year.  I'm not even arguing against Bama this year.  There's honestly very few standout teams but good lord do I hope Notre Dame loses.

Furthermore on Michigan, they have to hope they don't lose to Indiana tonight first.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

First of all,  one of the teams I'm referring to is not OSU.  I don't think Bama is the only team that gets this type of 'special treatment' from time to time.  But let us not pretend that it doesn't happen.  

So who. USC and UCF? You think they were better than Alabama?

16 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So who. USC and UCF? You think they were better than Alabama?

I think you misunderstand what my original arguement was.  I wasn't comparing a specific team to a specific team, I was talking about voting/rankings. Edit: In 2016 for instance when Penn State won their Conference Championship, despite having just won significant loss, imo, they should have been in the final 4.  That's just one example.  Would they have beat Bama? Probably not, we'll never know, but I think they could have competed, just like they competed against USC, although to be fair, they played terrible against USC.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Last year for instance when Penn State won their Conference Championship, despite having just won significant loss, imo, they should have been in the final 4.

This did not happen. OSU won the B1G

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

This was your quote. How is that not comparing specific teams to each other?

Archived