Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, iknowcool said:

Crazy that 37 year old Mike Adams is still a competent safety.  Not like he's a special athlete or anything either.

A lot of times, it's those types of players that last longer, because they don't miss the Lost athleticism as much as Elite athletes do.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Officials are trying to make sure of it.

I can't get over that last one. TE pushes Burnett in the chest creating seperation on an underthrown ball. This gives Burnett time to recover and he jumps into the play, turns his head, TE grabs his facemask and... DPI.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

I can't get over that last one. TE pushes Burnett in the chest creating seperation on an underthrown ball. This gives Burnett time to recover and he jumps into the play, turns his head, TE grabs his facemask and... DPI.

Yeah, flags dont get much more hometown than that.

Not hating on the Bucs and gotta give them credit, but is their offense (and Fitz by extension) actually any good or do they just benefit from sucking so much early in the games that defenses start to take their foot off the gas and let them get easy yards and points?  I don't think it is a coincidence they look inept until the point they are down by 20+ points against teams.  This is like the 4th time this has happened this season.

We need to score on our next possession though.  I feel comfortable with a 17 point lead.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

A lot of times, it's those types of players that last longer, because they don't miss the Lost athleticism as much as Elite athletes do.

People continue to undersell how much quality instincts make a quality player (particularly defensive) and give them longevity.  Granted, I don't blame folks as much because the media MASSIVELY try to drive the athleticism = PWNage narrative, especially during draft time (but that still sticks around in peoples' subconscious and conditions them).

Archived