John Harbaugh on the hot seat with the Ravens

TecmoSuperJoe

Step 1: Say "John Harbaugh is on the hot seat" right before a Pittsburgh game - a game that even the worst coach could motivate your team for

Step 2: Baltimore wins a game, at home, against a team they historically play very well against at home.

Step 3: "Well we won that game so I guess he's good now!"

Step 4: Lose to Cincinnati and still miss the playoffs by 1 game ultimately, but along the way there's some injuries or "bad luck" that happens, so John Harbaugh again is absolved of all blame for a .500 record over a 7 year span since winning the Superbowl, including only 1 playoff appearance (thanks to Gary Kubiak).

Step 5: ???

Step 6: John Harbaugh takes off his mask and reveals he's actually Jeff Fisher.

Harbaugh is a solid coach, just got stuck with the whole Flacco contract situation. I would imagine he’d get picked up instantly and be well paid. I think the Ravens would be immature to cut ties with him before Flacco. Give Harbaugh one or two years without him and see if it’s the same result. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He would be one of the favorites.

It would be awesome to see him go there, and after seeing how long they gave Hue, it could be an option. Browns didn’t fire Hue after 0-16, which makes the job appealing from a job security perspective. Coaches want a fair chance and fair amount of time. 

I don’t think he goes there though. If Jim got fired (doubt he will) I think he would go to the Texans, Jags, Lions, or Bucs. Browns get Lincoln Riley. 

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

More of a NFL General topic...

This is more of a non-topic.

Nothing in that article leads me to believe they have any plans to move on from Harbaugh. And yes, if they did, they wouldn't cut him, they'd move him for an asset because he'd be in high demand with all the less qualified coaches employed around the league. 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

This is more of a non-topic.

Nothing in that article leads me to believe they have any plans to move on from Harbaugh. And yes, if they did, they wouldn't cut him, they'd move him for an asset because he'd be in high demand with all the less qualified coaches employed around the league. 

Harbaugh is outta here if we don't go to the playoffs. Joe Flacco, to my objections, would be outta here if we don't go to the playoffs. A new era of Baltimore Ravens football is upon. In "The Player"...

"Getcha popcorn ready"

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ok, you can have it!

I HATE YOU, THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION!

(Nah, just kidding).

Harbaugh would immediately become the name to get for anyone who had an opening - Cleveland would be in the drivers' seat but Harbaugh wouldn't have to take an offer unless he gets his terms in relation to roster control, etc. 

He'd write his own ticket given his resume.

Harbaugh's had 6 years post Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to build his own team, and it's resulted in....a .500 record. What gives people the idea this guy is somehow a top HC now? He's the guy who fought to retain Cam Cameron and pushed Jim Zorn out the door when Joe Flacco had his best season ever early on in his career. He's the guy who hired Marc Trestman and at his introductory presser said we were going to be a "run first team" (we threw the ball more than any team under Trestman, or damn near close to it). He's the guy who hired and fought to retain Dean Pees while letting clearly better talent walk out the door to go to other teams. And that's just the objective stuff we know about. There's the muddier waters of how players have developed under his watch (especially high round picks constantly failing out), and there's also how our team consistently fails to show up for big games as of the past few years. Combine those with the fact that Harbaugh has little to do with the offensive or defense gameplanning and schemes, and I'm just really perplexed at what people think this guy does that's so special.

I don't understand it. This isn't 2011. We've been irrelevant for 6 years now, why would anyone want that on their franchise?

Archived