BDL 2018 Week 9: Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers

Whicker

Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2018 at 05:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You see how he doesn't mention anything about Edelman's speed? He said he's going to AVOID Sherman if that's the match up.

Please read. 

I’m trying to be respectful man. I expected 22, but know Rome will eventually do some 11 personel. If I say Kenny Moore will get help from Joyner and my opponent decides to start two receivers, I justifiably can feel slighted that Edelman being double covered is not being mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Ummmm ok

Of course I disagree, but that’s ok. You can only make 8 owners feel like all the work they put in is worth it every week. It’s not my week, I value the competition v a credible opponent, and it may come up short. Whatever. It sucks, but it is what it is.

This is not even close to a one sided matchup like some have said, but Rome's offense is too much here for Cuba. Cuba keeps this close but they don't have the defense to contain Brees+Gurley for an entire game.

The Cover-2 Man is a good decision against Cuba. The double teams on the outside receivers does a lot to limit Cuba offensively. Jack Doyle is fine, but he is covered up by Mosley here. I like the matchup with Moncrief against Nickell Robey-Coleman though.

On the other side, I've never been a huge fan of Rome WRs. Edelman and Juju are consistent but better as #2s. Everyone else is very inconsistent. Drew Brees elevates them for sure, but I do think Cuba corners can contain. The obvious mismatch is Gurley vs the Cuba interior. Cuba has a good defensive line, but Rome IMO has the best O-line and it's a draw at best for Cuba. Gurley isn't just a good running back. He does special things in this game and Rome wins.

10 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think Rome was smart to attack the interior of Cuba with Gurley given it's lack of depth. Jason Peters has been hurt for Cuba all year and has been a serious liability while in game because of it, and I think these two areas are tipping points in a close game.

This sums up my thoughts.

Very very hard game to judge. It goes back and forth. DL vs OL are evenly matched on both sides. I like the Ramsczyk vs Hughes matchup in the run game for Rome but James keying on Gurley limits him, on both facets of the game. I think Rome WR are shut down (Sherman shut down Hill IRL so his struggles vs speed seem over inflated by bcb) but I do like their TEs here. On the other side I think despite the cover 2, Cousins accuracy and Rome mediocre safeties can give the DeSean and Julio a shot deep. More importantly moving Julio all around will give Cuba the opportunity to move the chains a bit.

Superb game and if in Rome I may have gone a different way but I think Cuba prevails 27-23

Archived