BDL 2018 Week 9 - Seoul Dragons @ Portland Horned Owls

ny92mike

Seoul Dragons @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2018 at 05:00 PM

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Portland has a mildly more exciting run game

How? I mean you can dislike Drake and Howard, but I am very curious on what criteria you believe Barber and McCoy + Portland OL are more exciting than Drake and Howard + my OL

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

How? I mean you can dislike Drake and Howard, but I am very curious on what criteria you believe Barber and McCoy + Portland OL are more exciting than Drake and Howard + my OL

Peyton Barber and Jordan Howard are a wash. LeSean McCoy is better than Kenyan Drake. Kevin Zeitler is one of the lowest graded run blocking guards and your tackles are not good.

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Peyton Barber and Jordan Howard are a wash. LeSean McCoy is better than Kenyan Drake. Kevin Zeitler is one of the lowest graded run blocking guards and your tackles are not good.

I'm assuming you are eluding to the PFF blocking grades. Schraeder is the 7th RT in run blocking. Humphries is the 10th LT. Neither Villanueva nor Tunsil rank in the top 16 at their position. Boling has a similar grade than Zeitler. Saffold has a much grade than Hernandez and Mack is the highest rated center (Paradis being really good too to be fair).

I would also counter on the McCoy > Drake assessment but I'm assuming it's more opinion based than facts based (which is fine) so I won't 

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I'm assuming you are eluding to the PFF blocking grades. Schraeder is the 7th RT in run blocking. Humphries is the 10th LT. Neither Villanueva nor Tunsil rank in the top 16 at their position. Boling has a similar grade than Zeitler. Saffold has a much grade than Hernandez and Mack is the highest rated center (Paradis being really good too to be fair).

I would also counter on the McCoy > Drake assessment but I'm assuming it's more opinion based than facts based (which is fine) so I won't 

Okay. Portland and Seoul have an equally unexciting running game.

To be honest, this was pretty close to a toss-up. I know Green was healthy the previous week and his injury has come to light in the bye-week, but I can't take him being at 100%. Tyrell Williams is a decent fallback option though and can definitely cause some problems deep with Ryan throwing to him. 

Portland's OL does a decent enough job I feel to give Mahomes time and those weapons, outside of RB, are pretty solid for him to work with. Not a great deal of a running game, but I don't see Seoul doing too much on the ground either. Portland's aerial attack is also definitely good enough to have some success against a Seoul secondary that isn't overly inspiring. 

On the other side of the ball, I fw Portland's secondary but that front 7 aside from Short & Martinez isn't exactly exciting me. I don't see how they get any pressure against a Seoul OL, even if it is undermanned. 

End of the day, Seoul's a team fighting for the playoffs. Portland's looking forward to next year. Seoul historically have had Portland's number and I don't think anything changes here. 

Seoul 24 - 20 Portland

Archived