Alex Smith

lavar703

Just now, turtle28 said:

I surely remember a lot of passes to Chris Thompson last year by Kirk. We probably don’t beat the Rams w/o CT, Perine and the running game.

Yeah we went through that battle already. You weren’t close making that debate. I proved that. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kirk wasn’t staying!

I posted that completely understanding the situation.  In terms of asset management, we screwed up big time here- first it was managing the Cousins situation, then how we decided to move on.  None of these are decisions that smart football organizations make.  

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I posted that completely understanding the situation.  In terms of asset management, we screwed up big time here- first it was managing the Cousins situation, then how we decided to move on.  None of these are decisions that smart football organizations make.  

I’m not defending the way it was handled, I’m just saying it’s also true that Kirk wanted out of DC for a while and to chart his own path in the league.

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Again, Kirk takes shots. Alex... really doesn’t take many. 

He didn’t take as many last year, wonder why that was? Was perhaps because he didn’t have Djax anymore?

Point being that when Alex had Tyreke Hill, he threw deep more often also.

If you don’t have a good to great deep threat, you have to try to manufacture other ways to take deep shots.

3 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

I don't think we are 6 and 3 with Kirk this year.  I don't mind Alex's boring  "game management" wins. Minnesota can keep Kirk's flashy numbers and heartbreaking turnovers. Just my opinion!!!

you are delusional   Name one game Smith has won this year that he contributed greatly.  NONE ZERO ZIP.  Its either the running game or the defense. KC with this offense which he knows very well would most likely beaten the Colts and we would be at least 7-2 right now.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He didn’t take as many last year, wonder why that was? Was perhaps because he didn’t have Djax anymore?

Point being that when Alex had Tyreke Hill, he threw deep more often also.

If you don’t have a good to great deep threat, you have to try to manufacture other ways to take deep shots.

The point is that with fewer options than Smith has this year, Cousins moved the  ball better and scored more points. 

Had we done something with the extra cap space, then maybe the trade for Smith might be defendable. But Allen didnt. Because Allen didnt make the move to make the team better. He didnt it to cover his arse with Snyder and try to trick the fans into believing that they weren't starting over.

This team is winning in spite of Smith. If they had kept Cousins, we'd be talking seriously about who we'd be playing in the NFC Championship 

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

you are delusional   Name one game Smith has won this year that he contributed greatly.  NONE ZERO ZIP.  Its either the running game or the defense. KC with this offense which he knows very well would most likely beaten the Colts and we would be at least 7-2 right now.

Oh contrair, Kirk has 5 more turnovers through 9 games than Alex does. Turnovers lose you games, period!

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

The point is that with fewer options than Smith has this year, Cousins moved the  ball better and scored more points. 

Had we done something with the extra cap space, then maybe the trade for Smith might be defendable. But Allen didnt. Because Allen didnt make the move to make the team better. He didnt it to cover his arse with Snyder and try to trick the fans into believing that they weren't starting over.

This team is winning in spite of Smith. If they had kept Cousins, we'd be talking seriously about who we'd be playing in the NFC Championship 

No, the team is wining and Smith is a part of that. Not turning the ball over and running for a first downs in crucial at times.

Throwing a TD over the middle in the end zone after buying time - like Alex just did vs TB - is crucial. Alex has thrown two TDs to the back of he end zone - one to Doctson & one to PRich and a fade pass TD to Doctson - when Kirk was our QBs those passes were either intercepted (back of the end zone) or not complete.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Some just want to make the playoffs, all don't want the Super Bowl. I can see us making the playoffs and getting our *** handled to us just like in 2015. 

3 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

How many times did Cousins beat the Cowboys, as Skins starting QB?

I think we lose that game. So there's 5-4, instead of 6-3.

I also think we lose the Carolina Game with Cousins. Another close game Kirk chokes in.

I'd say, we are 4-5 right now with Cousins.

We probably play better vs the Colts, than we did. But that's a wash since Cousins couldn't win Season openers, who happen to have been Arizona. Who is pretty bad right now.

I'm 100% certain, we would not have been 6-3 or better with Cousins this year.

I'm so certain, that I'll guarantee with anyone on the board that Cousins will do no better than 8-7-1 with the Vikings this year & no playoff appearance.

My point?

Cousins is awesome, if you're playing Fantasy Football.

But not if you want to win Championships in real life football.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

How many times did Cousins beat the Cowboys, as Skins starting QB?

I think we lose that game. So there's 5-4, instead of 6-3.

I also think we lose the Carolina Game with Cousins. Another close game Kirk chokes in.

I'd say, we are 4-5 right now with Cousins.

We probably play better vs the Colts, than we did. But that's a wash since Cousins couldn't win Season openers, who happen to have been Arizona. Who is pretty bad right now.

I'm 100% certain, we would not have been 6-3 or better with Cousins this year.

I'm so certain, that I'll guarantee with anyone on the board that Cousins will do no better than 8-7-1 with the Vikings this year & no playoff appearance.

My point?

Cousins is awesome, if you're playing Fantasy Football.

But not if you want to win Championships in real life football.

Vikings will make the playoffs. 

Archived