Alex Smith

lavar703

On 11/17/2018 at 7:42 PM, TheGreeK1973 said:

you are delusional   Name one game Smith has won this year that he contributed greatly.  NONE ZERO ZIP.  Its either the running game or the defense. KC with this offense which he knows very well would most likely beaten the Colts and we would be at least 7-2 right now.

Packers game and in the Panthers game he took advantage of good field positon - something we used to never do - and threw 2 TD passes. W/o those plays in those games, we don’t win those games.

Big difference between getting inside the 15 yard line and converting 5 TD passes this year vs throwing untimely interceptions and losing those games. It didn’t happen often in previous years, but both of our former QBs did have their bad turnovers in the red zone which cost us games.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Packers game and in the Panthers game he took advantage of good field positon - something we used to never do - and there 2 TD passes. W/o those plays in those games, we don’t win those games.

Big difference between getting inside the 15 yard line and converting 5 TD passes this year vs throwing untimely interceptions and losing those games. It didn’t happen often in previous years, but both of our former QBs did have their bad turnovers in the red zone which cost us games.

Great Turtle we are going to jump up and down about a 71 million dollar QB that has thrown a couple of TD passes right now?  Do we win that Carolina game if not for their turnovers?  Just saying.  Smith so far is average and I am being kind.  If there is one player that is holding this team back from being more of a contender is Smith.  and I hope to God I am wrong but I don't see this changing anytime soon if ever while he is the QB..

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

The $84 million dollar man goes to 4-12 in Prime Time, throws 2 interceptions , one a pick-six and then picks up tons of yards and two garbage time T D's to pad his awesome statistics ! Why didn't we keep this fraud !?

Our $71M + Fuller + 3rd rounder man threw a pick 6. Was the difference in the game. 

Why did we trade for that fraud?

And if we're comparing the pick 6's Smiths was way worse. Cousins was looking to hit the window in zone coverage. Jackson had to make a great play on the ball to take it away.

Smith threw it right at the guy. Instead of reading the coverage and throwing a TD

Result was still 6pts for the other team. But not all pick 6s are equal

This Cousins vs. Alex Smith debate is getting really old.  Facts:

- Cousins was never going to stay with the Redskins, so its stupid to compare them.  Sidenote: I don't understand why people who didn't want to retain Cousins continue to hate on him.  If you didn't want to keep him why do you care to keep bringing him up?  Double Sidenote: If you wanted to keep Cousins but hate on him for leaving you're directing your hatred in the wrong direction, you should be blaming Bruce Allen for creating a culture Cousins didn't want to return to.  

- Stop comparing Cousins vs. Alex Smith directly.  If you insist on this silly debate, it must be Cousins vs. Alex Smith + Kendall Fuller + a 3rd round prospect.  

- Stop saying Alex Smith was the team's only other option vs. retaining Cousins.  We could have drafted any number of QBs and/or signed another veteran or traded for another veteran.  

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm not comparing /arguing. I only have one point to make .Cousins is loser bum and I didn't want to resign him. I don't know what his supporters saw in him . 

I only have one point to make.  Alex Smith is a loser bum and I didn't want to trade for him.  I don't know what his supporters saw in him.  

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I only have one point to make.  Alex Smith is a loser bum and I didn't want to trade for him.  I don't know what his supporters saw in him.  

but,,but,,, but--That's a whole different argument . I'm not going there. But most of this board still laments not signing Cousins ..WHY? He's a loser. 

Archived