UPDATE: Lol nevermind, Harbaugh staying

SalvadorsDeli

I know it's not guaranteed yet but I think it's officially time to start talking about replacements for Harbaugh, what with the org leaking this morning that Harbaugh was semi-officially on the 'hot seat' and then the team looking flat and dropping to 4-5 and looking unlikely to make the playoffs.

Personally I think we should hire an offensive guy and I suspect that's the direction Bisciotti will go - following the lead of the Rams and Bears in bringing in an offensive mind who can develop our 1st round QB. Unless you're an incredible leader/defensive coach - like Zimmer - it just doesn't feel that useful to hire a defensive coach the way the NFL is these days, and I think we need an innovative thinker/strong schemer on the offensive side if we're going to make the Lamar Jackson thing work. 

With that in mind, these are a couple of the guys I'm watching/find intriguing:

Lincoln Riley, HC, Oklahoma (probably a pipedream)

Matt Campbell, HC, Iowa State

John DeFilippo, OC, Vikings

Todd Monken, OC, Bucs

Eric Bienemy, OC, Chiefs

Chris Peterson, HC, Univ. of Washington 

David Shaw, HC, Stanford

He's the Bill Belichick of CFB, and he is familiar with our club.

On both offense and defense he has a blue chip history of adapting scheme successfully to his personnel and has constantly farmed talent above the expected level. The combo of he and DeCosta would be lethal. 

It's a long shot with the $$$$$ Stanford throws out him, but he respects our organization and has a relationship with our FO. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

David Shaw, HC, Stanford

He's the Bill Belichick of CFB, and he is familiar with our club.

On both offense and defense he has a blue chip history of adapting scheme successfully to his personnel and has constantly farmed talent above the expected level. The combo of he and DeCosta would be lethal. 

It's a long shot with the $$$$$ Stanford throws out him, but he respects our organization and has a relationship with our FO. 

He replaced a Harbaugh at Stanford and potentially a Harbaugh in Baltimore? Seems like destiny. 

I don't have a comprehensive list in mind yet. Shaw should be a guy that's in the conversation though. 

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

IF he learned a thing or two about personal conduct and running a team i'd consider this guy.

603135434-e1518002546440.jpg

You must be insane to go with that guy after all the pissing up and down every franchises back - that isn't the patriots.

see my initial comment. he is a guy i'd trust to develop a dual threat Quarterback, if he checks all boxes in possible interviews why not?

this is an organisation led by strong people, not some drug heads like Indiana. can't see him pull that ish anywhere else really.

just my 2 cents, it will be more of the same Jeff-Fisher-yay-sayers anyway.

read up on David Shaw. he isn't interested in the NFL.

see here

I’ve coached at that level. I’ve worked with All-Pro guys and Hall of Fame guys, and I’ve coached in every game except for the biggest one, so it’s not like, ‘OK, that’s my goal and I have to get there.’ My goal is to do great things at Stanford. If one day that happens, great, but it’s not a goal in my career to do that.

According to USA Today’s list, Shaw is the seventh-highest paid head coach in college football this year at a little over $5.6 million. So the NFL is not a draw based purely on salary, and he went further by pointing to what he sees as unfinished business at his alma mater.

I’m planning for the long haul,” Shaw said. “As much as we’ve won and played well, I think we’re still establishing ourselves and we’re still building and we’re still growing. We can accomplish so much more, and I don’t feel like that the job’s close to halfway done.

Archived