UPDATE: Lol nevermind, Harbaugh staying

SalvadorsDeli

13 hours ago, Danand said:

It is like making an argument for Flacco. For how bad Harbaugh is, and for how much we need change, its tough to explain how he has been so succesfull. Someone on the team must really carry him.

Makes me think of Mike Preston (main football writer for the Baltimore Sun).

Apparently Joe sucks (this is in the past), we don't have anything worthwhile at receivers, our RBs are nothing special, we have a questionable offensive line and our D is overrated.  But somehow Harbaugh needs to do more with all of the talent he has.

how about they just draft Johnny boy some HOFers like #52 and #20 to carry him to the playoffs each year.
oh wait, he certainly made them better players right. must be coincidence that he hasn't reached the AFCCG since these guys rode of into sunset.

whatever guys, we'll see how things with LJ work out but track record since 2012 speaks a clear language.

could they do worse than Harbaugh? sure. but they could do much better imo.

can't wait for his throwback 80s offense and everybody here going nuclear once things (predictably) stall mid season.
but seemingly 8/8 or 9/7 is good enough nowadays for Ravens fans on here since thats exactly what JH will do for you.

if he proves me otherwise i'll gladly eat crow but i remember most people here being satisfied with the idea of Mornhinweg developing Jackson because he had a good year with Vick ages ago. that worked out really well, so consider me pessimistic about the idea of Harbaugh suddenly developing a feel for modern offense and actually letting Roman do his thing.

JH has a fetish for running the ball (and clock) so yeah, he must be a genius since nobody else considered this a promising strategy you build a SB contender around since the Berlin Wall fell.

On 20.1.2019 at 1:23 AM, baltimoreRebel said:

Who would you replace Harbaugh with right now. Seriously, who? I'll wait. 

On 5.11.2018 at 6:38 AM, berlin calling said:

IF he learned a thing or two about personal conduct and running a team i'd consider this guy.

603135434-e1518002546440.jpg

he maybe a d*ck but he assembled quite a staff in Indianapolis, part of the reason they were so successful this season. DC Eberflus was getting HC consideration after just one season.
thats an underrated talent iyam and if you now what to tell me that (chosing top coordinators) is one of harbaughs strengths i rest my case.

33 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

I would agree with this especially considering the last several years AND given that once we made drastic changes this year (going to Lamar), we got better and different results.

But "continuity" with your head coach, IF he's willing to change and make adjustments, is a good thing. Harbaugh gave indication this year by going to Lamar that he's willing to forego continuity for results. He indicated that again by firing Marty and promoting Greg Roman. He indicated that again by demoting(?) Bobby Engram.

I absolutely agree that continuity got us to our mediocrity, but I think there's enough evidence right now that Harbaugh is willing to make changes before it's too late.

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

But wrong. That mediocrity as I stated in another post would count for every HC in the league not named Bill Belichick. You can nitpick and choose seasons to fit your argument, but the fact is Harbaugh for all your opinions about how mediocre his teams are, are consistently playing important games in december.

I bet you would rather face three 5-11 seasons for one season with an AFC championship game and then back to losing seasons.

8 hours ago, Danand said:

the fact is Harbaugh for all your opinions about how mediocre his teams are, are consistently playing important games in december.

and generally is losing those games rather than winning them if latest history is any indication. i get it, you like JH, i do not.

46 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

and generally is losing those games rather than winning them if latest history is any indication. i get it, you like JH, i do not.

The difference is, you just don't like him for the reason that he doesn't win the super bowl every year, me and most others recognize that is not something you can expect.

If we are boiling everything down to feelings and having unrealistic expectations, then there is no need to be on this board.

Its like "I don't like this player, he doesn't lead the league in sacks every year".

21 hours ago, berlin calling said:

We are rolling with the biggest wild card in the league at the most important position in the game. That is a bigger swing than any other NFL team is taking, and should completely nullify this "staying the course" idea, IMO.

Also that article is terrible. It makes a better case for us changing a ton than us staying the course.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

The difference is, you just don't like him for the reason that he doesn't win the super bowl every year, me and most others recognize that is not something you can expect.

If we are boiling everything down to feelings and having unrealistic expectations, then there is no need to be on this board.

Its like "I don't like this player, he doesn't lead the league in sacks every year".

All of this talk about Harbaugh and winning has me wondering what the narrative around him would be right now had Mosley not gone off script and not intercepted that ball. The WR beat Weddle, the throw was on target. If the Browns convert that 1st down and kick a FG to win it, I wonder how people would view Harbaugh after another late season collapse even with making tough decisions to turn the season around?

Would people say "Well we turned the season around but just fell short, change is coming!" and be content? Would they call for his firing? I'm honestly not sure.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All of this talk about Harbaugh and winning has me wondering what the narrative around him would be right now had Mosley not gone off script and not intercepted that ball. The WR beat Weddle, the throw was on target. If the Browns convert that 1st down and kick a FG to win it, I wonder how people would view Harbaugh after another late season collapse even with making tough decisions to turn the season around?

Would people say "Well we turned the season around but just fell short, change is coming!" and be content? Would they call for his firing? I'm honestly not sure.

He probably gets one more "prove-it" year under the new QB.

Archived