• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

30 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Rivers should be on that list. He is on pace for the 2nd highest any/a in NFL history. I don't think people realize how efficient he has been so far this year. 

Added, i knew there was more to add to the list

29 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cams not a real contender... he  has a ypa just a notch above 7 and during a time when elite totals in passing yards are in the 5k range hes unlikely to get to 4. he has no argument against brees or rivers, heck, gurley coud have a better case than him.

Thats why I said he was a dark horse and not a serious contender.  Thats why I said I was happy he got a mention and not clamoring for him to win the actual award....

He didnt throw for 4k yards in his MVP season.  Part of that is because he also had 600 rushing yards and 10 TDs.  Yes, stats are definitely inflated this season.  Doesnt make what hes actually done any less impressive with absolutely no wideouts worth a damn.  Funchess isnt a #1, he's a #2 at best.  He has more of a case than Tom Brady does at this point given that they have similar stats and Cam actually adds tons of value through his rushing.  But I dont expect him to win or even place top 5 in the voting.  I was just happy someone threw him into the poll given his play this year

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Thats why I said he was a dark horse and not a serious contender.  Thats why I said I was happy he got a mention and not clamoring for him to win the actual award....

He didnt throw for 4k yards in his MVP season.  Part of that is because he also had 600 rushing yards and 10 TDs.  Yes, stats are definitely inflated this season.  Doesnt make what hes actually done any less impressive with absolutely no wideouts worth a damn.  Funchess isnt a #1, he's a #2 at best.  He has more of a case than Tom Brady does at this point given that they have similar stats and Cam actually adds tons of value through his rushing.  But I dont expect him to win or even place top 5 in the voting.  I was just happy someone threw him into the poll given his play this year

dark house still implies contender for me, but i digress. 

His mvp season they went 15-1 and were a great regular season team, that absolutely played into the award. And again, his play really shouldnt put him into the mvop conversation. he passong production falls far sort of the real elite qbs this tear, what cam is doing isnt really that impressive. Hes having a real good, top 10 qb top year. Thats not mvp worthy.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

dark house still implies contender for me, but i digress. 

His mvp season they went 15-1 and were a great regular season team, that absolutely played into the award. And again, his play really shouldnt put him into the mvop conversation. he passong production falls far sort of the real elite qbs this tear, what cam is doing isnt really that impressive. Hes having a real good, top 10 qb top year. Thats not mvp worthy.

Lol.  You can say literally the exact same thing about Tom Brady and hes got 7 votes in the poll.   I'm not saying Cam deserves to be in the top 5 of the award voting, but you're acting like there's a huge difference between him and the rest of the candidates outside of Mahomes / Brees

I mean if we're just throwing people playing well on contenders out there, not sure how James Conner isn't on there. 2nd in Yards from Scrimmage and 2nd in YFS per game only 1 yard per scrimmage behind Gurley. 10 TDs on the season as well which is second in TDFS as well.

Do I think he's a real MVP contender? Not in the least. But if Cam Newton and Matt Ryan (based on team record) are then he is.

8 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I mean if we're just throwing people playing well on contenders out there, not sure how James Conner isn't on there. 2nd in Yards from Scrimmage and 2nd in YFS per game only 1 yard per scrimmage behind Gurley. 10 TDs on the season as well which is second in TDFS as well.

Do I think he's a real MVP contender? Not in the least. But if Cam Newton and Matt Ryan (based on team record) are then he is.

Kamara has 12 total TDs now.

Conner has been awesome though. MVP level? No, but awesome nonetheless. 

1. Mahomes

2. Brees

3. Goff

4. Gurley

5. Rivers

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

Agreed.  Cam is on this list because the Panthers are 6-2, not because of his individual play.  He is having a fantastic year, don't get me wrong, but not statistically close to the level of guys like Mahomes, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, Goff etc.

I don't think Newton is a legitimate candidate at this point, but how is he not statistically close to Goff?  They are basically the same.  Goff has 20 TDs to Newton's 19.  Both are at 67%.  Cam has less INTs.  Goff has a higher passer rating, but it isn't like he's on some other level than Cam stats wise.  He just plays in a loaded offense (not to take away from Goff - dude is a boss).  He has more TDs than Rivers and Brady too.  I think if people are calling Goff an MVP candidate, I don't know how Cam isn't in their book - but LIS, I wouldn't put neither of them in the conversation right now.

He's not Mahomes or Brees level statistically, but neither are the rest of the guys you listed really.  Mahomes and Brees are clearly the top 2 right now.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Goff has a loaded offense, but he makes some insanely accurate throws.  

Oh no doubt.  Dude is one of the best I've seen as far as ball placement goes and long-term I think he might end up being the best QB in the game - he's that good in my mind.  I'm just saying him and Cam's statistics are neck and neck for the most part, so I disagree with him saying Cam isn't close stats wise.  Goff has a big gap in yardage (although it's closer when you include rushing yards), but Newton doesn't really have anyone who can separate downfield like Cooks can.  Maybe Moore eventually, but he's gotta improve his route-running.

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Oh no doubt.  Dude is one of the best I've seen as far as ball placement goes and long-term I think he might end up being the best QB in the game - he's that good in my mind.  I'm just saying him and Cam's statistics are neck and neck for the most part, so I disagree with him saying Cam isn't close stats wise.  Goff has a big gap in yardage, but Newton doesn't really have anyone who can separate downfield like Cooks can.  Maybe Moore eventually, but he's gotta improve his route-running.

Cam is playing well no doubt about it.

Archived