• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

By far? Nahhhh chill homey. The Chiefs and Rams would have something to say about that; they are separated by 1ppg .

The offenses are factually not separated by 1 PPG. The teams are, but not the offenses. 

Saints: 107 drives for 402 points(3.76pts/drive, 36.5 PPG)

Rams: 118 drives for 368 points(3.12 pts/drive, 33.5 PPG) 

Chiefs: 114 drives for 376 points(3.30 pts/drive, 34.2 PPG)So, no, not really. They get the fewest drives of the three and yet they score 2.3 PPG more. It really isn't that close. 

Brees is extremely efficient and his 2 int's are what make his stat line the most appealing so I get it. 

I mean, not really. He is smashing the CMP % record as of now and he is throwing TDs at a 8.1% rate with a Y/A of 8.8. His INT% isn't necessarily even the most appealing stat in his his repertoire. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

the NFL will give it to Brees cause it's a feel good story and paints a great picture.

Why do you have to keep making this into a bias thing? No, Brees willl get it because he was the best player this year. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Eh Watkins is injured half the time amd os gonna be out for a while. Thats not worth anything.

Conley is okay. Hes been recovering from a bad Achilles rupture. I think if he can build off of a good Rams game he can get rolling. Hes been solid and cold this season. We could replace him with a Saints JAG and i dont think id notice

The Chiefs OL is injured and depleted. They were great to start the season at full strength, but have been allowing rushers through more frequently. Mahomes was already propping them up before with his pocket ability.

So you agree that Brees supporting cast is better and costing him in some stats. At least im making headway somewhere.

I think Brees has a better run game which only hinders his bulk stats and bulk stats are the ONLY argument for Mahomes currently. 

I keep reading (from people on this thread) that Brees is better. Has a better O-line, better backs, better WR. 

Maybe, just maybe they all make each other better? You know, a team.

1) Brees delivers a fast ball = little chance for a sack.
2) Brees accuracy and speed forces defenses to cover every receiver and TE.
3) Said coverage (great line with backups playing) allows the running game to ignite.
4) You have to cover the RB's, which opens the pass.
and the circle continues.

The biggest difference is Brees is taking care of the ball. Mahomes isn't. 5 picks in a loss? That's on Mahomes. Not something Brees has done in years.

BTW, the last pick Brees threw was a blatant pass interference that wasn't called. This stated by the commentators AND the head of officiating. It's still a pick, but it's got an asterisk next to it, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

I think he means 5 turnovers, which he did have against the Rams. 

Yeah, I know what he meant. It’s misinformation, if not just a mistake.

And also incredibly hypocritical. He puts an asterisk next to Brees’ interception but it doesn’t matter that Mahomes was being hit as he threw? Or stripped from behind by Aaron Donald? Or a fluky batter pass returned for a TD? Or the fact that fumbles lost is an incredibly luck-related stat?

Guess context matters for one player but not the other.

3 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

It's mostly just semantics, 5 turnovers is 5 turnovers whether it be 5 picks and 4 picks and a fumble or 3 picks and 2 fumbles or whatever. 

If you want to be devoid of context, sure.

Fumbles and fumbles lost/recovered are an incredibly fluky statistic. Weighing them equally as, say, an inaccurate pass to a defender or a terrible decision into triple coverage doesn’t quite make sense. 

And again, it’s entirely hypocritical since the guy wanted context Brees.

EDIT: Largely - fumbles can be a result of poor ball security, but that is generally more difficult to gauge from the QB position since a passer is often in a more precarious position than a running back or wide receiver. Fumbles lost and recovered are however mostly luck.

It's Brees's to lose at this point. H.ell of a season, one of the best teams, and he's leading the way. His stats/performance alone would put him in the thick of the race no matter what, but with his team's success paired with his name recognition/the fact that he's well-regarded puts him as the easy favorite.

Mahomes, Goff, Luck, Rivers are all still in the mix though

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, I know what he meant. It’s misinformation, if not just a mistake.

And also incredibly hypocritical. He puts an asterisk next to Brees’ interception but it doesn’t matter that Mahomes was being hit as he threw? Or stripped from behind by Aaron Donald? Or a fluky batter pass returned for a TD? Or the fact that fumbles lost is an incredibly luck-related stat?

Guess context matters for one player but not the other.

No, you didn't "know what I meant" with your know-it-all attitude. 5 turnovers, 5 picks... not misinformation, just mis-typed.

Turning a ball over, regardless of the reason, is a turnover. So, let's say Brees has 1 asterisk, and Mahomes has, by your count, 3? So... that's 3 times the amount in 1 game as Brees the whole season. Bravo.

Archived