• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wins matter with the MVP and Mahomes or Goff/Gurley will likely have a 14-2 or 15-1 record. 

Brees ain’t getting it without a massive drop off 

Massive? I don’t know, If Brees keeps up his pace and goes 12-4 and Mahomes drops off slighty it could go to Brees just because he’s never won it before. We’ve seen this happen a couple times, just trying to remember when. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Massive? I don’t know, If Brees keeps up his pace and goes 12-4 and Mahomes drops off slighty it could go to Brees just because he’s never won it before. We’ve seen this happen a couple times, just trying to remember when. 

Agreed. 

Lets say Mahomes keeps up the volume, but throws 13-15 picks. In that situation, I can easily see Brees winning MVP if he manages his TD/INT ratio, to go along with the high QB rating. 

47 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

barring them losing a ton of games or him getting hurt, I think stars are aligning to get him an MVP award...I think he'll get points his way too when it comes to voting because of it being a glaring hole in his resume...and the league likes to fix those holes when they can. Not saying he'll get handed it. But If a voter is weighing him vs those other guys..that probably comes into play.

I hope he doesn't get handed it now, that would be bad, and cheapen the MVP worse than it already is.  

However if it's close and valid arguments can be made for either candidate, I want to see him win it.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Personally my rankings are:

1. Mahomes

2. Brees

Gap

3. Rivers

4. Gurley

5. Goff

Gap

6. Cam Newton

Dark Horses are Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Deshaun Watson. 

Matt Ryan has the stats, his team would have to finish 7-1 from here on out which isn’t likely. 

Aaron Rodgers stats maybe not the greatest but if the Packers can finish 7-1 he can win, his 4th QTR come backs have been stunning. Nobody has meant more to their team than Rodgers. 

I think Mahomes or Brees will win it though, think they are miles ahead of anyone else at the moment. Then again, we still have seven games left and anything can happen. 

Nice list, but not sure how there's a gap between Cam and the second tier.

19 hours ago, rich homie said:

How on Earth Brady has so many votes is boggling my mind. He is nowhere near the conversation at the moment.

It's very obviously Mahomes at the moment. We all know that the second half of the year is always more important than the first.

Dude the second Brady retires Belichick will be running right behind him like the building's on fire.  

@raidersedge I dont think its a slam dunk for Mahomes. It is going to come down to that MNF game against the Rams. If Goff outshines him and the Rams win and Goff continues to have the type of season he is having in which he is on pace to complete 68% of his passes for 5,006yds 40/12 AND the Rams have the best overall record and the 1 seed in the NFC. I think Goff can very well win the MVP. The reason why is quietly Goff is looking impressive against his counterparts. He looked better than Rivers Week 3 in a Rams win. He looked better than Cousins Week 4 in a win. He looked better than ARod Week 8 in a win. Even though the Rams didnt win Week 9 against the Saints, he had more passing yards and one fewer td than Brees and was the sole reason the Rams came storming back from down 21pts. Like everyone acknowledge the Saints winning BUT all Im hearing is people were impressed by how the Rams erased a 21pt deficit in the hostile environment in New Orleans and Goff was impressive leading that comeback. Like people remember things like that. Just like people said about Mahomes leading the comeback against the Patriots in New England in the 2nd half only to fall short. Again if Goff continues to look this good AND he outplays Mahomes on MNF and the Rams win and end up with the best record in the NFL with getting the 1 seed in the NFC, its not a slam dunk for Mahomes to win the MVP. Not saying he wont win but I believe it will be closer than you think. 

Of course nobody is forgetting about Brees. As of today Brees is 2nd behind Mahomes because of yesterday but Mahomes and Goff has the overall better numbers and I just cant see Brees winning it if he finishes with 4672yds 32/2. I know only throwing 2 picks is ridiculously awesome but with those yards and tds AND if the Saints finish with the 2nd best record in the conference or even not win their division if the Panthers catch them, I just dont see Brees winning. He will be in conversation but I dont think he wins.

Archived