• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

27 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

If Brees loses an MVP because of a reverse 2011...

Yea INTs were a big deal in 2011 now all of a sudden they're not anymore.

But at the same time, Rodgers had pace for more TDs than Brees.  The only real discrepancy in Brees favor was yards and comp%. Not to mention Rodgers won two more games.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea INTs were a big deal in 2011 now all of a sudden they're not anymore.

But at the same time, Rodgers had pace for more TDs than Brees.  The only real discrepancy in Brees favor was yards and comp%. Not to mention Rodgers won two more games.

Not to mention Rodgers had a 9.25 YPA, only him and Ryan have produced a 9.2 YPA with above 60% COMP in the Super Bowl Era. Rodgers in 2011 was without question the MVP. I actually ranked ‘11 Rodgers as my best QB season of all time out of the Top 50 QB seasons. I had ‘11 Brees somewhere in the Top 10, can’t really remember. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not to mention Rodgers had a 9.25 YPA, only him and Ryan have produced a 9.2 YPA with above 60% COMP in the Super Bowl Era. Rodgers in 2011 was without question the MVP. I actually ranked ‘11 Rodgers as my best QB season of all time out of the Top 50 QB seasons. I had ‘11 Brees somewhere in the Top 10, can’t really remember. 

I agree, and Brees losing the MVP in 2011 didn't bother me.  2009 was worse, and it sucks his 2011 season was the same year as Rodgers.

Brees for me. #1 in passer rating, #1 in ESPN QBR (fwiw), #1 in PFF rankings (fwiw), incredible TD/INT ratio, 2nd in DYAR and DVOA. Plus he just commands the offense in a way that I don't think Mahomes does quite yet. Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is amazing and I wouldn't be angry if he won MVP either. I'd just take Brees right now.

I think Mahomes had the lead all year and Brees took it from him this week. They are still very very close and can interchange on any given week. The only person I would say is a darkhorse is Philip Rivers. Although he’d have to keep playing lights out, Chargers probably 13-3, and Brees/Mahomes suffer a semi-meltdown. 

Archived