• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You can twist what you want, Mahomes leads the league in YAC by a WIDE margin.  

B. Roethlisberger actually leads yac but Mahomes is second.

Mahomes also has move air yards then Brees.  So it's not like Mahomes is leading Brees in yards only because of yac like you're implying.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Again, that doesn't explain Williams running for a 5.6 YPC. Can we call a spade a spade. The Chiefs OL can clearly run block, as you pointed out they clearly struggle in pass protection but Mahomes scrambling and unwillingness to throw the ball away (which often benefits him) is a big reason for the large QB hit number. Pretty fair to say in terms of run blocking the OLs are similar, in terms of pass blocking the Saints have a clear edge.

It still doesn't disprove the notion that Mahomes has a far better superior cast...Running games are both good-great, Chiefs weapons are far better at getting YAC.

Like I said earlier you keep moving the goal post.  

You said this:

"Mahomes gets smashed? He’s been sacked 8 more times than Brees over the course of the season, and he’s gotten sacked less than most QBs in the league. His mobility certainly helps but he isn’t getting “smashed”. "

I told you he was getting hit a ton and your whole thing was, he's only been sacked 8 more times yet I said he was getting hit often. You literally said no he isn't, despite the fact that I'm watching the games (obviously cuz it's my team) NOW it's Mahomes fault cuz he scrambles and holds the ball too long lol bruh c'mon man. You're forcing a narrative and you're talking yourself in circles. Again like I said, if PM gets it "Cool", if not "Cool". I wanna see my team do something in the postseason, that's what I care about but this MVP thing definitely means a lot to you to have Brees win it and it's showing. I'm all done with this thread, so by all means carry on. 

13 hours ago, Piquel said:

B. Roethlisberger actually leads yac but Mahomes is second.

Mahomes also has move air yards then Brees.  So it's not like Mahomes is leading Brees in yards only because of yac like you're implying.

Never implied that at all. It’s a fair point, is it not? Mahomes has benefitted from guys getting a ton of YAC.

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Like I said earlier you keep moving the goal post.  

You said this:

"Mahomes gets smashed? He’s been sacked 8 more times than Brees over the course of the season, and he’s gotten sacked less than most QBs in the league. His mobility certainly helps but he isn’t getting “smashed”. "

I told you he was getting hit a ton and your whole thing was, he's only been sacked 8 more times yet I said he was getting hit often. You literally said no he isn't, despite the fact that I'm watching the games (obviously cuz it's my team) NOW it's Mahomes fault cuz he scrambles and holds the ball too long lol bruh c'mon man. You're forcing a narrative and you're talking yourself in circles. Again like I said, if PM gets it "Cool", if not "Cool". I wanna see my team do something in the postseason, that's what I care about but this MVP thing definitely means a lot to you to have Brees win it and it's showing. I'm all done with this thread, so by all means carry on. 

The MVP is neat, any fan saying they don’t care is full of it tbh. Is postseason more important? Of course.

I just think it’s neck and neck and it’s funny seeing people from either side dismiss the other dude. 

14 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

You can twist what you want, Mahomes leads the league in YAC by a WIDE margin. He has better weapons and they're absolutely helping him put up these great numbers. Both guys have an argument for MVP, so obviously its going to come down to splitting hairs. Brees has succeeded with less around him, and holds the better record. I think thats the advantage he has here. Obviously Mahomes has the big time numbers.

No he doesn't.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Never implied that at all. It’s a fair point, is it not? Mahomes has benefitted from guys getting a ton of YAC.

I actually believe that you don't know what you were implying.

Keep beating the drum for Brees, I'll just let Mahomes play speak for him.  If Brees wins then Mahomes and I will be OK. 

15 minutes ago, Piquel said:

I actually believe that you don't know what you were implying.

Keep beating the drum for Brees, I'll just let Mahomes play speak for him.  If Brees wins then Mahomes and I will be OK. 

Literally implied nothing. Mahomes skill players get him a ton of YAC. Is this true or is it not?

lll hang up and listen, thanks.

56 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes my mistake. Chiefs led the league a few weeks back, my apologies.

Chiefs have 600 more YAC than Saints. Seems like a good bit of difference considering Brees apparently has better weapons.

Mahomes also has 900 more passing yards. Being second in the league in passing, it makes sense that Mahomes would have the second most YAC.

Excuse me I haven’t been following this argument for a bit.

YAC is such a simple stat which you can interpret it many ways. I dunno if anybody has referenced NFL Next Gen stats but Mahomes averages more air yards per completion than Brees and more average intended air yards. For the latter it shows how far the ball is being thrown downfield. Mahomes pretty much dwarfs Brees in both.

23 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Again, that doesn't explain Williams running for a 5.6 YPC. Can we call a spade a spade. The Chiefs OL can clearly run block, as you pointed out they clearly struggle in pass protection but Mahomes scrambling and unwillingness to throw the ball away (which often benefits him) is a big reason for the large QB hit number. Pretty fair to say in terms of run blocking the OLs are similar, in terms of pass blocking the Saints have a clear edge.

It still doesn't disprove the notion that Mahomes has a far better superior cast...Running games are both good-great, Chiefs weapons are far better at getting YAC.

1) Williams has 39 rushes on the season for 5.3 YPC. That's a game and a half basically. There has been some very bad running backs that have looked good for a game or 2 in their career i'm sure. Lets let him get some games under him. Plus, how many teams are stacking the box with Mahomes and this offense? 

2) Mahomes is scrambling for his life not because he's unwilling to throw the ball away. The Chiefs lost their RG in week 5, their Center for 6 games, their LG for 2 games and counting. They lost their primary backup lineman for the season a long time ago. 

3) Mahomes doesn't have a superior cast at this point. He may have but not anymore. Hill has been banged up the past 2-3 games and doesn't have his top speed. Conley can't seperate. Benjamin is a scrub picked up off the street and can't separate and dropped a TD that hit him in his chest last week. Robinson can separate but he still doesn't know the offense and isn't trusted. Kelce is one of the best TE's in the league but he's easily taken out of the offense with constant double coverage.  The Saints are probably equal or slightly better overall weapon wise now and when you add the offensive line, they blow the Chiefs out of the water. 

If Mahomes had Watkins, Hunt back with a healthy Hill and Kelce then yes, he has superior weapons and this offense would be back to being historically good. 

9 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

1) Williams has 39 rushes on the season for 5.3 YPC. That's a game and a half basically. There has been some very bad running backs that have looked good for a game or 2 in their career i'm sure. Lets let him get some games under him. Plus, how many teams are stacking the box with Mahomes and this offense? 

2) Mahomes is scrambling for his life not because he's unwilling to throw the ball away. The Chiefs lost their RG in week 5, their Center for 6 games, their LG for 2 games and counting. They lost their primary backup lineman for the season a long time ago. 

3) Mahomes doesn't have a superior cast at this point. He may have but not anymore. Hill has been banged up the past 2-3 games and doesn't have his top speed. Conley can't seperate. Benjamin is a scrub picked up off the street and can't separate and dropped a TD that hit him in his chest last week. Robinson can separate but he still doesn't know the offense and isn't trusted. Kelce is one of the best TE's in the league but he's easily taken out of the offense with constant double coverage.  The Saints are probably equal or slightly better overall weapon wise now and when you add the offensive line, they blow the Chiefs out of the water. 

If Mahomes had Watkins, Hunt back with a healthy Hill and Kelce then yes, he has superior weapons and this offense would be back to being historically good. 

So what your saying is, Mahomes stopped putting up godly numbers when all his elite weapons got hurt?

On 12/27/2018 at 4:07 AM, Shady Slim said:

what does taking the L to oakland do for mahomes? i’d like to see it just for the mad knee jerking in this thread (and remember i’m on team brees)

Only would really matter if they end up dropping to the wildcard spot. In that case I think it would really hurt him with his main competition probably being the number 1 seed. 

Archived