• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

27 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

He'll get high 30's.  Might break 40 one more time with the way the league is headed.

That is what you had the issue with? Not the KC fan declaring he will throw for 50 couple more times and be the GOAT of all time. Take it you are a KC fan also?

So you have backtracked on your initial statement?

No im not a KC fan. And I don’t think he’ll throw 50 TDS a couple times. Nah. Could he do it again? Sure. But I would bet for it. He’ll break 40 at least a couple times more especially as long as Andy is there.

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Bookmarked.

You didn't need to say that much to lose any further credibility but do you realize that you went from saying, within minutes, "I will wager any amount he will never get close to 40 again, let alone 50" to "ll get high 30's.  Might break 40 one more time with the way the league is headed."?

8 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

You didn't need to say that much to lose any further credibility but do you realize that you went from saying, within minutes, "I will wager any amount he will never get close to 40 again, let alone 50" to "ll get high 30's.  Might break 40 one more time with the way the league is headed."?

I dont think you are in position to talk about credibility, when you said he will be the best qb ever after 1 year or that he would throw 50 tds a couple of times. I think your credibility hit rock bottom.  I adjusted my initial statement because the nature of the games evolution favoring offense and he is in the most qb friendly system. So i could realistically see some 38 td seasons and maybe a 42 td like year.

20 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I dont think you are in position to talk about credibility, when you said he will be the best qb ever after 1 year or that he would throw 50 tds a couple of times. I think your credibility hit rock bottom.  I adjusted my initial statement because the nature of the games evolution favoring offense and he is in the most qb friendly system. So i could realistically see some 38 td seasons and maybe a 42 td like year.

Too early to tell who or what he's going to become down the line but as much as you're spouting about homerism, the bias in you is seeping out of your every pore. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Just to put some perspective on the numbers. Since I can't post pics on here. You can confirm my numbers if you go to ESPN, go to a player page, click on splits, select year and scroll down to the 2nd to last section.

Last year Alex was 5 of 9 for passes that travel 41 yds or more and 11 of 21 for passes that travel 31-40 yds. Alex had 8 TDs that travelled over 31 yds.  Mahones has 2. That is not counting the Raiders game, that information is not available yet. But pretty sure both of those travelled over 31 yds in the air from LOS. So that is 4 for him and 8 for Alex last year.

Ben Roethlisberger:

31-40 - 6 of 28

41+. 2 of 7

Phillip Rivers:

31-40 - 8 of 17

41+ - 2 of 7

Drew Brees:

31-40 - 3 of 6

41+ - 0 of 2

Welp I guess we need to trade for Alex Smith back then, I guess, because according to you this means all these guys aren't very good then.

35 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Jeez, it's Mahomes and all respect to Brees, not that close.  I don't think KC is even a .500 team without him, let alone the 1 seed.    

If last year is any indication (Alex Smith), this is simply not true, granted that Smith was excellent last year.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Too early to tell who or what he's going to become down the line but as much as you're spouting about homerism, the bias in you is seeping out of your every pore. 

Its called having some perspective. Nothing to do with bias. Everyone is always crowning people after 1 season.

Mahomes had 50 TDs and 5,000 yards in his first year as a starter. That's so sick it's not even funny.  He nearly broke the season record in his first try.

What do the Chiefs need to draft now?? A fast pass-catching RB and a bunch of DBs I guess.  They already have a full crew of sackmeisters on the roster.  The Chiefs finished 2018 tied for first in sacks and yards lost.

34 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

If last year is any indication (Alex Smith), this is simply not true, granted that Smith was excellent last year.

Except that we're talking about this year.   If you think the 2018 version of Alex Smith (with both legs) wins the games vs. LAC week 1, both DEN games & the BAL game, I'd just agree to disagree.    He made game saving plays in those games that simply no one else can make (the ridiculous throw to Hill vs. BAL and the left handed last second throw on MNF are the obvious ones but man there are 3-4 each game that just made me SMH in wonder).     I'd actually add PIT, which is where I'm not even sure the .500 record comes in.

30 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

The defense was much better last season. This season they had 7 games with at least 28 points scored in comparison to 4 last year. Not to mention 4 games where they held teams below 14 points. They had 2 this season.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I agree, but you can say the same thing about Brees. 

The key difference is that I think 5-6 QB's could have done what Brees did on those games.   No one else could have physically done what Mahomes did to win those games for at least 3 of the games in question.

Archived