Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

Just now, Howler said:

Not like this.

Lol.  Yeah it was.  We didn't have a running back NEARLY as capable as Jones.  Our second running back now is better than our entire running back group in 2010.  We had Andrew Quarless at tight end.  We had Frank Zombo and Erik Walden as our other pass rushers. 

And as I've shown, nobody had any faith in this team in 2010. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

On one hand, it gives me a little bit of hope.

On the other, it's depressing to think that 8 years later we have some of the same problems.

(Disclaimer: I started watching football in 2013 I think so I didn't watch that team, dunno if those problems quoted were for real)

11 minutes ago, Howler said:

What alternate reality are you living in? The offense is disjointed beyond belief.

Probably because 2010. We should be hopeful because of something that happened 8 years ago. Not because of what we see during the games this season. We hold on to the past, not the present.

We're becoming that type of fanbase. 

I predict that Rodgers will go shot gun only, and he'll force it down the field 3/4 of the time.   ONE DIMENSIONAL.  (like the ole' gun slinger)

Personally, I'm back to the Majikowski years mode - they are good but not committed.  (background music for cleaning the garage or working on the car.)   

SHOW ME a Reggie White!  Or Santana Dotson.  Or Sean Jones!  ... and a disciplined layered west coast offense....  and Lombardi's ghost will smile again.  

I don't see that this year.  Game by game may be fun.... but DOMINANCE is DISCIPLINE and the Pack Offense has very little.  Brady is what Favre could have been.   Brady is what Rodgers was a few years ago.... Rodgers still has a chance.... we will see.   

Just now, Chinaski_86 said:

Probably because 2010. We should be hopeful because of something that happened 8 years ago. Not because of what we see during the games this season. We hold on to the past, not the present.

We're becoming that type of fanbase. 

Or because the past ten years of the Super Bowl have featured no less than 4 teams winning the Super Bowl nobody gave a chance at the start of the playoffs, including the Packers, and that you only get 5 months of football and you better enjoy it while it's there. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Yeah it was.  We didn't have a running back NEARLY as capable as Jones.  Our second running back now is better than our entire running back group in 2010.  We had Andrew Quarless at tight end.  We had Frank Zombo and Erik Walden as our other pass rushers. 

Ya we also Nick Collins at safety, rookie Sam Shields, and Charles Woodson at corner

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I gave up in 2010 and I wanted Mac AND Ted fired.

I'm not even there this year...

It was real.

11 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Ya we also Nick Collins at safety, rookie Sam Shields, and Charles Woodson at corner

And we didn't have Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Blake Martinez, Jaire Alexander and we had Charlie peprah at the other safety spot without Bakhtiari at left tackle and with Rodgers in his 5th playoff game.

Just now, Norm said:

It was real.

Damn. I wasn't on the forums yet but I never got to that point in 2010. The defense was great all year long and kept the team in games so that alone gave me hope once they were able to figure things out. Not to mention every loss was a close game and nobody blew them out. You knew that team was talented, they just had to gel and put it all together

I don't get any of that feeling with this team. They've been down by 2+ scores in a lot of games already. The defense is nowhere near as good as in 2010, though I do think they're playing above their talent level considering they are constantly hamstrung by bad safety and non-existent EDGE play. The offense obviously should be better but we have been saying that every week and it looks the same

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

It was real.

I was literally no exaggeration close to quitting football forever.  I HATED McCarthy, HATED Thompson, HATED Rodgers.  

Archived