Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

But I read here today that Jones was not any faster than Eddie Lacy LOL!

I legitimately want to know who said that.  Despite Aaron Jones (4.56) and Eddie Lacy (4.64) having a similiarish 40 yard dash time, they have have a massive difference in 10 yard split (1.51 for Jones, 1.65 for Lacy) and 3-cone (6.82 for Jones, 7.33 for Lacy).  There's little doubt that Aaron Jones is significantly quicker.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I legitimately want to know who said that.  Despite Aaron Jones (4.56) and Eddie Lacy (4.64) having a similiarish 40 yard dash time, they have have a massive difference in 10 yard split (1.51 for Jones, 1.65 for Lacy) and 3-cone (6.82 for Jones, 7.33 for Lacy).  There's little doubt that Aaron Jones is significantly quicker.

Pages 22-24 of this thread is where the discussion took place.

The money quote: "Eddie had a tendency to run with DBs on his back for 15 yards, and may have been just as fast in the first 5 yards as Jones when in shape." 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What's even more impressive is his ability to accelerate through the hole.  I can't believe some of the creases he's able to find.  

Jones is one hell of a player.  And so is MVS.  Man, I give that guy all the props in the world for the improvement he's made in his route running and hands.  He's caught the ball so cleanly... impressive stuff.  

The skill positions on offense are in a good place.  Hopefully Tonyan can make a 2nd year leap as well.

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

There’s no question in my mind that GB has enough pieces on offense to be very good.  The pieces are there.  Use them, and use them well - that’s an area for improvement.

I think they're still a year away from getting back to where they were offensively.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I seriously believe this, Lacy was something special. His ability to stop, jump cut, and go for a man his size was incredible. 

Part of it may be that Jones is good enough with his vision that he never is forced to come to that complete stop and restart, but when Jones stops his feet, his feet tend to stay stopped. 

I don't know much about Jones in high school, but Lacy didn't have a track background. That matters with those times. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think they're still a year away from getting back to where they were offensively.

Yep.  Future looks very bright, for both the offense and defense.  Add some discipline and solid game planning and you have a dang solid team moving forward.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seriously believe this, Lacy was something special. His ability to stop, jump cut, and go for a man his size was incredible. 

Part of it may be that Jones is good enough with his vision that he never is forced to come to that complete stop and restart, but when Jones stops his feet, his feet tend to stay stopped. 

Everything I see out of Aaron Jones is he is the first legitimate speed back in Green Bay since well I can't remember.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky

Aaron Jones hit a max speed of 21.33 MPH on his 67-yard run, the fastest top speed by a Packers ball carrier in the last 3 seasons according to NFL Next Gen Stats. https://es.pn/2QzNkPy

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I always thought Lacy was pretty quick for his size, and if he could’ve managed his weight better, he would’ve had a long and successful career in this league I think.  Jones is quick also, and his vision is just downright impressive.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Everything I see out of Aaron Jones is he is the first legitimate speed back in Green Bay since well I can't remember.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky

Aaron Jones hit a max speed of 21.33 MPH on his 67-yard run, the fastest top speed by a Packers ball carrier in the last 3 seasons according to NFL Next Gen Stats. https://es.pn/2QzNkPy

How many ball carriers have gotten a 67 yard run straight ahead?

Archived