Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Quenton Nelson might have been named OROTM, but he still ain't as good as he was supposed to be, and he's still a sixth overall guard.

I am pervious.

Who was the last guard to win that award?   ...or was he the first?  And if he was the first...perhaps he's the best guard to come out of the draft in a really long time?

I'm just yanking yer chain here.  I know your stance and for the most part I agree.  Somehow I just couldn't help but poke the bear.  

Couple thoughts...

Bulaga looks like a bass a$$ emmerreffer.

Lane Taylor looks like he'd rather tickle you than block you.

Does MVS have a neck?  I knew he was large, but didn't know he was so ripped.  Is he as physically gifted with size/speed as anyone else in the league?

Campbell looks the part of a physical safety.

Redmond.  I like how Gute is churning the roster at the bottom.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:36 AM, Outpost31 said:

I really don't hate Rodgers.  I hate how nobody here is willing to admit that he could be better and that a lot of our recent problems could be solved if he did those things that could make him better.  I act so rough on Rodgers because you can literally point out five to ten examples of what I've been saying each and every game, and those five to ten examples come at horrible times, and people will say it's McCarthy's fault. 

The Patriots game for example.  He took a timeout after a change of possession.  He had all the time between a change of possession, plus a 40 second clock and he still had to take a timeout.  Number one in the league BY FAR in wasted timeouts (timeouts used not for stopping the game clock, but play clock). 

Every game you can see players open.  Even from the broadcast view.  Rodgers doesn't throw there, looks deeper, takes sack.  These plays don't happen on 3rd and long, they come on first and second downs.  They lead to sacs, to throwaways, to us getting behind in yardage to gain. 

He's really, really, really awful at throwing screens.  He takes too long and has no touch.  The screen to Jones in the Patriots game was an example.  The screen to Jones in the Rams game was an example.  He has no touch whatsoever in the screen game. 

These are all things that no head coach would tell ANY QB to do.  Can you imagine a head coach telling any QB, "Just wait for something better, even if it means you might get sacked here on first or second down." 

It is a byproduct of 2015 when Rodgers had to do it.  He now feels he still has to do it.  It's why I've long maintained that 2015 ruined Aaron Rodgers. 

If you look at his steady decline in play since the end of 2014 to now, you'll see that. 

I hate how people still act like he's some lesser god and call me an idiot for suggesting he's got his fair share of faults.  It's not helping the Packers, and it's certainly not helping Rodgers.  Any unbiased set of eyes can watch Aaron Rodgers this year and see that he isn't playing well, and that it has nothing to do with his knee.  When it is do or die, Rodgers thrives.  This is proof that it's not a scheme thing, it's not a talent thing, it's a Rodgers thing. 

So no, I absolutely do not hate Aaron Rodgers.  My hatred for people refusing to see the truth looks like it's hatred for Rodgers, but it absolutely is not.  I know Rodgers has the ability to be the best QB to ever play the game.  Right now he's not using that.  You could say I hate that, but I do not hate Rodgers, and anyone who reads what I'm actually saying will see that.  Instead, people here automatically see red every time I say anything critical of Rodgers, so I get angry, I tell them to look at the facts, they ignore the facts and try to point the facts at "Fat Mike" and call me an idiot for pointing out clearly visible facts about Aaron's game. 

Plenty of folks are saying he isn't playing up to his considerable standards.  We as fans don't know why.  It could be his knee.  A QB needs his lower body to throw a football.  It could be because he hasn't been practicing regularly until recently so he isn't in sync with his receivers.  Maybe he's trying to do too much?  Are the 2 broken collarbones affecting him?  But we all can agree, he can't do it alone.  Every great QB needs a good team around him and right now we aren't.  We show flashes of competing with the best but we are our own worst enemy and can't seem to finish.  One thing that he often does that drives me crazy is he WILL NOT take what the defense gives him.  He seems to be looking for the big play when it isn't necessary to keep the chains moving.  I suspect McCarthy is fine with that seeing it keeps happening or McCarthy can't/won't reign him in.  If he can't/won't then it is time to move on and bring in a new coaching regime in 2019.  

Just now, Pugger said:

Plenty of folks are saying he isn't playing up to his considerable standards.  We as fans don't know why.  It could be his knee.  A QB needs his lower body to throw a football.  It could be because he hasn't been practicing regularly until recently so he isn't in sync with his receivers.  Maybe he's trying to do too much?  Are the 2 broken collarbones affecting him?  But we all can agree, he can't do it alone.  Every great QB needs a good team around him and right now we aren't. 

It's very obviously the bold.  Rodgers hasn't been Rodgers since 2015.  Losing Jordy that season completely wrecked him, and ever since he has been extending plays. 

As far as the red...  That's some Favre stuff.  Davante Adams is at WORST a top 10 receiver in this league, and not many teams have the talent of MVS/ESB/Allison/Cobb past their #1 receiver, and Graham is obviously still effective, no team has a pass blocker like Bakhtiari - seriously, Bakhtiari might be going to the Hall of Fame.  If you're about to blame his defense...

7 points came from the offense against the Bears. 
17 points against the Lions came on LITERALLY 22 yards gained. 
9 points came from a safety and the ensuing drive against the Rams. 
24 points came off non-turnovers against the Patriots.

Yeah, the defense wasn't all that great against the Redskins or the Niners, but the defense has been stepping up and playing well overall all season. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Couple thoughts...

Bulaga looks like a bass a$$ emmerreffer.

Lane Taylor looks like he'd rather tickle you than block you.

Does MVS have a neck?  I knew he was large, but didn't know he was so ripped.  Is he as physically gifted with size/speed as anyone else in the league?

Campbell looks the part of a physical safety.

Redmond.  I like how Gute is churning the roster at the bottom.

Given this team’s injury history, targeting prospects without necks seems like a pretty strategic move by the scouting department. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

As far as the red...  That's some Favre stuff.  Davante Adams is at WORST a top 10 receiver in this league, and not many teams have the talent of MVS/ESB/Allison/Cobb past their #1 receiver, and Graham is obviously still effective, no team has a pass blocker like Bakhtiari - seriously, Bakhtiari might be going to the Hall of Fame.  If you're about to blame his defense...

While what you are saying is true, I think when fans say we don't have a very good roster around Rodgers they really mean the team don't have the roster that would be needed to have the kind of success the fans are wanting.  It is a reasonable roster, it just isn't as loaded as some of the current top teams, or loaded like a team that will be expected to totally dominate week to week.

27 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Given this team’s injury history, targeting prospects without necks seems like a pretty strategic move by the scouting department. 

I would suggest GB also target prospects with no hamstrings.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:
1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I would suggest GB also target prospects with no hamstrings.

and ones without free will

Agree with @Outpost31 on just about everything he has posted here. This team was designed to be built around Rodgers. It's not perfect but there is enough talent there where we should be able to make it work. Our defense has held up their end of the bargain and I think you fellers would be singing a much different tune if Rodgers was playing like a top 3 QB this season.

Archived