Week 10: Miami WontWins @ Green Bay GDT

incognito_man

33 minutes ago, Slinky said:

But, but, Williams was playing over Jones because of pass-pro.

Like I said all along, Mac still needs to get Jones on the field. And as it turns out, his pass-pro isn't much worse than Williams. Definitely not enough to warrant Jones being on the sidelines the majority of the time. 

Here's some crow for a select few to eat. 

I wouldn't declare victory yet.  Lets see how he holds up to being the feature back when teams they play have good defenses and get a few hits on him.

The Packer's principle reason stated for running back by committee was keeping guys healthy.

Hopefully he holds up fine, but let's see how he finishes the year with regards to health.

Lol.  I get accused of using sped up gifs.  Somebody actually believes that I was able to speed up Eddie Lacy in gifs, but not the other players trying to tackle Lacy. 

Eddie Lacy at 231 pounds ran a 4.64 40 with a slight tear in his hamstring. 
Aaron Jones at 208 pounds ran a 4.56 40 with no such injury. 

People forget that with Eddie Lacy, Matt Flynn was able to keep the Packers in playoff contention.  Eddie Lacy, pound for pound, was faster than Aaron Jones.  Maybe not quicker, but definitely faster.  Hopefully people under stand the pound for pound qualifier and don't think I sped up video.  Or that they don't think I sped up Eddie Lacy and not the other players.  Maybe after all this information and video evidence I won't be accused of speeding up gifs.  Lol. 

One scout timed Lacy as having run a 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40. His top time would have placed him 15th among running backs who competed in March's NFL combine.

Lacy said he's close to 100 percent healthy after getting hurt during training.

"During my 40, I was a little nervous about actually opening up but I ran a pretty good time, so I'm satisfied with that," he said.

Scouts Inc. currently has Lacy, a possible first-round selection, as its highest-rated running back in the draft and the 43rd best prospect overall.

The biggest concern, an AFC scout said, was the health of Lacy, who suffered a small tear of the hamstring during a mock combine event in February at IMG.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

CLEARLY you don't know the meaning of "he exaggerated" or did you just disregard that to start an argument. Clearly, his TD/INT stat is extraordinary. However, he takes way too many sacks holding the ball too long and for what we've been used to seeing out of him, it looks average by comparison

Now, either read my post CLEARLY, and respond accordingly or just go away. I even bolded the last part so you don't do what you do which is purposely take things out of context. Do you want a definition for context?

Donzo just makes inflammatory remarks to stir stuff up, then he disappears for long stretches at a time.  The irony is, he only took a portion of my comment (cherry-picked).  I said Rodgers “looks” rather average out there I never said that he IS average.  Only a troll looking for an arguement would make that leap.  Best to ignore his troll baiting.  Look at nearly every one of his posts this morning - all he does is berate people. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

The only thing about this win that i'm still mad about is Jones only receiving 15 carries. A game in which the Packers led the entire day and in some parts by more than two scores and you only run a guy averaging 10 YAC 15 times. 

Fine with me. I was thinking they should pull him out and let Williams do the clean up.
He's clearly our #1 now - better to keep him healthy.

Lacy was a huge success.  A guy you want on a rookie deal and don't want any part of him after that.  Well worth the 2nd round pick, and one of TT's best decisions not to resign him long term (not that Lacy really made it a tough call with his weight)

I'd be happy with Jones if that's how things work out as well.  Easier to find the next Jones than to overpay a RB to stay and hope he doesn't get hurt.

10 minutes ago, Howler said:

A bit of deception in the graph since the x axis doesn't start at zero, making it look like a bigger difference.  I expect better than that from Nate Silver's group.

But yeah, the Packers are having trouble adjusting to the run first identity,  

Rodgers reputation makes teams play pass against us, and we should just keep gashing them on the ground until the defenses adjust.

21 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seriously believe this, Lacy was something special. His ability to stop, jump cut, and go for a man his size was incredible. 

Part of it may be that Jones is good enough with his vision that he never is forced to come to that complete stop and restart, but when Jones stops his feet, his feet tend to stay stopped. 

I don't know much about Jones in high school, but Lacy didn't have a track background. That matters with those times. 

Lacy would've been damn special if he was committed to football. His feel for blocking and patience was excellent, and his feet were elite for a guy of his size. True bellcow back that had no reason (save asthma) to leave the field.

@AlexGreen#20 do you have a gif of the 4th and 2 play? I want to see what Mac had planned with Adams in the backfield. I know they decided to block Cam Wake with Jimmy Graham, so that ruins everything from the start. Also on a short yardage situation 4th down play to advertise that you're passing with no threat of run was real lame too.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lacy would've been damn special if he was committed to football. His feel for blocking and patience was excellent, and his feet were elite for a guy of his size. True bellcow back that had no reason (save asthma) to leave the field.

@AlexGreen#20 do you have a gif of the 4th and 2 play? I want to see what Mac had planned with Adams in the backfield. I know they decided to block Cam Wake with Jimmy Graham, so that ruins everything from the start. Also on a short yardage situation 4th down play to advertise that you're passing with no threat of run was real lame too.

I don't know if this true but it seemed to me that Graham blocking Wake was not the initial plan on the play. Rodgers motioned him in to block the EDGE because the Phins were showing Double A-Gap Pressure. Seems to me that was a Rodgers protection adjustment. 

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The All-22 goes up Tomorrow. I'll post all the drive killers.

Luckily there's not too much for me to do on that this week. 

I'll confess, I kinda liked this one. I thought it was well drawn up. Can't run a timing offense when your QB won't throw timing balls. 

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The All-22 goes up Tomorrow. I'll post all the drive killers.

Luckily there's not too much for me to do on that this week. 

I'll confess, I kinda liked this one. I thought it was well drawn up. Can't run a timing offense when your QB won't throw timing balls. 

Yeah that's why I wanted to see it. Flaws in the thinking IMO, but if Adams wins right away then Rodgers needs his *** chewed for not throwing it.

37 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I don't know if this true but it seemed to me that Graham blocking Wake was not the initial plan on the play. Rodgers motioned him in to block the EDGE because the Phins were showing Double A-Gap Pressure. Seems to me that was a Rodgers protection adjustment. 

Yeah and Bulaga ends up blocking no one. Screw up by that front group no doubt.

Archived